This discussion covers the Aeon CLR® and how it is an ambient light rejecting projection screen made specifically for UST (Ultra Short Throw) projectors.
- Aeon CLR® Product Page : https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- Aeon CLR® Video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4
- Article on various projector types: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:58] Customer: Looking at a Sony ultra short throw projector for my home. It will go into a pretty bright room. Would prefer a motorized screen. What would you recommend?
- [21:59] Rick: has joined the conversation
- [21:59] Customer: And I need ALR
- [22:00] Rick: the screen that I strongly recommend is the Aeon CLR
- [22:00] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- [22:01] Rick: I don’t recommend other ALR materials because they will not work with the off-axis throw of a UST projector. The Starbright CLR material is specifically crafted to work with UST projectors.
- [22:01] Customer: Everyone else says ALR is best to the bright room… No?
- [22:02] Rick: They are but for ultra short throw projectors, a different form of ALR material needed to be made.
- [22:02] Rick: Here is some information on the application of ALR materials https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/ALR_angular_reflective_material_Installation_Tip.pdf
- [22:03] Rick: Here is an article on matching the various types of projectors with screens: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [22:03] Customer: Interesting. Do you have a video for Aeon CLR?
- [22:04] Rick: I have: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4
- [22:04] Rick: Here is a new video on CLR: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
- [22:04] Customer: Sounds good. Do you have any recommendations on where to price shop a 120”?
- [22:04] Rick: I recommend price shopping here: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/authoriseddealer
- [22:05] Rick: We have a shop site as well: http://shop.elitescreens.com/
- [22:05] Rick: here is the model.
- [22:05] Rick: AR120H-CLR
- [22:06] Customer: Looks nice. And will do well in a bright room?
- [22:06] Rick: It is made for rooms with ambient light.
- [22:06] Customer: Wow! thanks. I have no further questions.
- [22:08] Rick: It was my pleasure to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.