This customer has the right electric projection screen and the right mount but it does not fit. As it turns out, the earlier model in-ceiling mounts required the removal of the end caps in order to fit. The newer models do not. This discussion covers that and provides the instruction guide for the in-ceiling screen mount for the VMAX2/Spectrum electric projector screen.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Installation instructions for the VMAX2/Spectrum In-Ceiling Kit https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_ZCU.pdf
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:02] Customer: Hi, I am trying to assemble the Spectrum Ceiling Trim kit for use with my VMAX2 screen and I am not able to determine which bracket is supposed to cradle the screen end. There does not appear to be enough room. The bracket is a ZCU4 model.
- [18:03] Rick: I’m glad to help. Here is the manual for proper installation of the in-ceiling kit for the VMAX2 https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_ZCU.pdf
- [18:03] Rick: on the hardware list it will be number 2 for screens below 135 and number 3 for screen over 135.
- [18:05] Customer: Ok, let me review it really quick
- [18:05] Rick: Okay, I’m here to answer any questions.
- [18:08] Customer: Am I supposed to remove the end caps of the VMAX2 screen to be able to attach these brackets? They are not wide enough to cradle the caps as in the picture here:
- [18:08] Customer: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/271#prettyPhoto[pp_gal]/0/
- [18:08] Rick: You have an older model bracket so you will only remove the screws of the cap it will be a snug fit. We came out with a newer model that does not require this but either way, there’s no risk in the procedure.
- [18:10] Rick: Also check the flange on the housing make sure that is fitting. please provide me photos if there are any problems. email@example.com
- [18:27] Customer: sent
- [18:27] Rick: Looking at the imagery, it absolutely confirms that you have an older model of in-ceiling mount. The brackets really are that snug but you are right on target.
- [18:28] Customer: That is real good to hear. I was getting concerned about it. Okay, thanks for the help. I’m glad I am on the right track. That was literally the only obstacle holding me back. I want to install this and be sure it works.
- [18:53] Customer: Okay, we’re in business. Thanks again buddy.
- [18:54] Rick: I’m glad to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.