Getting the right screen for a high ceiling installation requires some know-how. The customer has an idea as to the screen’s size and this is quickly accommodated. The discussion gives good information on the size fitting of an installation as well as optimal viewing angles.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Article on proper method of hanging a projection screen – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/322
- Video – Properly mounting a projection screen: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [16:42] Customer: I have some total vertical height constraints for my application. For your tab tension lines of projector screens.
- [16:42] Rick: I’m glad to help you with advice. What do we have here?
- [16:43] Customer: For your tab tension lines, is the B8, or black region above the screen portion of the surface adjustable – can you reduce it?
- [16:44] Rick: Yes, the unit can be calibrated to drop shorter. what series is your screen.
- [16:45] Customer: Looking at options within CineTension 2, CineTension B or Starling – all with tab tension
- [16:46] Customer: I need a total height from top to bottom of around 60″, and would like the largest 16:9 screen possible
- [16:48] Rick: the best screen size will be a 120″ diagonal screen. the view height is 58.8 inches.
- [16:50] Customer: The 60″ needs to include all parts of the screen, including brackets, motor/roll-up housing etc.
- [16:52] Rick: This will be in between from the 100 and the 110-inch diagonal since our housing ranges between 5 to 7 inches from the housing.
- [16:52] Rick: For the 110″ it gives a 54″ height and the 100″ gives you 49 inch in height.
- [16:52] Rick: This is view height.
- [16:54] Customer: Are you able to refer to the CineTension 2 Dimensions Table?
- [16:54] Customer: And the line for the TE100HW2
- [16:57] Customer: The overall height with Bracket (B) is 65.5″. Is this bracket (which adds about 2″ to the B3 measurement) required to mount the unit to a wall?
- [16:58] Rick: correct.
- [16:58] Customer: So, cannot mount without the bracket?
- [16:58] Rick: You will need the bracket to mount it. Yes.
- [16:59] Customer: Ok. So, this would fit under 60″ total by reducing the drop height measurement B8?
- [17:00] Rick: One moment. I’m looking up the specs on the product page.
- [17:02] Rick: Yes, by reducing the total drop, the unit will reach 59.5
- [17:02] Rick: For the TE100HW2
- [17:03] Customer: Can the same thing be done with the Electric100HT?
- [17:04] Rick: Yes, you can reduce the drop and this unit housing is smaller round 4 inches. in height.
- [17:05] Customer: YOU ARE AWESOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’M SOLD!
- [17:07] Rick: you’re welcome.
- [17:07] Rick: I’m glad to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.