A: Yes, you can buy a screen material sample by clicking here.
A: No, Elite manual and electric projection screens are not designed for use as a window curtain and should never be exposed to direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to solar radiation will destroy synthetic materials and such damage is not covered by our standard warranty.
Q: If I install a Spectrum Motorized Screen into the ceiling, what are my possible methods of controlling it?
A: Since the Spectrum’s Infrared (IR) Sensor is hidden within the ceiling, there are a few options in which to control a ceiling installed Spectrum Screen:
- IR Eye Extender (ZSP-EYE&12V): With the need of line of sight, the IR signal will not be sensed by the IR receiver built within the housing of the Spectrum. By using an IR eye extender that attaches via the Spectrums all purpose RJ45 port, the extended sensor provides a solution to this problem.
- Radio Frequency (RF) Remote (ZSP-RF-B, ZSP-RF-W): The Spectrum, unfortunately, does not come with an RF remote. It does, however, have an RF receiver built into the housing. Without the need of direct line of sight, an RF remote would be a good control option.
- In-Wall Switch (ZIW-B, ZIW-W, ZIW-W1): The spectrum comes with an all purpose RJ45 port. By routing a cable within the wall, the In-Wall Switch provides a close proximity control option. In addition, you can create your own in-wall switch by purchasing only our ZIW-Module.
- Wireless 12V Trigger (ZSP-TR01): Use your projector as a screen control option by hooking up this simple device to your projector’s output trigger port. If your screen doesn’t have an output trigger port, the Universal Wireless 12V Projector Trigger (ZU12V) works just as well for all projectors.
Q: I know that all Elite Screens motorized screens include a built-in 5-12 volt trigger RJ45 input port, but what if my projector does not have a 5-12 volt trigger ouput port. How can I take advantage of the automatic down/stop synchronizcation of my Elite motorized screen and my projector?
A: Elite Screens offers a wireless Universal 5-12 volt projector accessory (Part# ZU12V) for projectors that do not have a trigger output. Contact your preferred Elite Screens reseller or visit shop.elitescreens.com for information about purchasing this product.
A: You can extend the length of your cable using the ZSP-12V-50B. This 50 feet RJ-45 cable includes an extender plug coupler to allow you to join connections to your existing accessory.
A: Elite strongly recommends using either a standard surge protector or a power conditioner on all electric projection screens.
A: The screen material can be cleaned with mild soap and water.
A: The viewing angle of the MaxWhite® material is 180°.
A: Yes, the Spectrum has a RJ-45 5-12 volt trigger input.
A: Check your projector’s manual to see if your projector has a 5-12 volt trigger output. If it does then your projector has the ability to synchronize with your Spectrum.
A: Yes, the Spectrum includes an RJ-45 5-12 volt trigger cable.
A: No, Elite Screens understand the need to hardwire your electric screen and therefore will not void your warranty.
A: Elite provides binary codes for the IR remote, see below.
Up: 1111 0000 0001
Stop: 1111 0000 0010
Down: 1111 0000 0100
A: Yes, Elite’s electric screen products are compatible with Harmony remotes and in their database.
Please visit the Harmony website for further assistance with programming your remote with our electric screens.http://myremotesetup.com/easyzapper/New/Main.asp
A: No, your screen’s Top Black border has been set to deploy to its full extent. Attempting to increase will damage the motor and void your warranty with Elite Screens.
A: Here is a complete listing of all of the model numbers in the Spectrum series:
Electric84V, Electric100V, Electric120V, Electric84H, Electric100H, Electric110H, Electric125H, Electric150H, Electric180H, Electric85X, Electric90X, Electric106X, Electric128X, Electric142X, Electric100H-A1080P2, Electric125H-A1080P2
A: Each Elite Screens’ model number starts with the product series name. Follow by case color (if applicable, certain models only available in one color), screen material, screen aspect ratio and product series version. Lastly, extra black drop and its length (if applicable). Here is an example.
ELECTRIC 128 X
- Electric: Spectrum Series
- 128: 128” Diag.
- X: 16:10 Format
A: Please Click here for the motor information of your Elite electric screen.
A: The power cable length for all Spectrum Series models is approximately 70.8″ (1.8M). Note: This measurement is accurate for USA only, other countries may be equipped with different lengths for each model.