A customer was primarily looking for an acoustically transparent projector screen but then started reading up on our ambient light rejecting materials. He came up with the great idea of “why not both in one product?” As it turns out, we are developing a new hybrid product that will have both features. Any time you want a sneak peek, just ask.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer”.
- 4:00:00 PM Maritza – Thank you for contacting the service department. Hello, I’m Maritza, how may I help you?
- 11:00:22 AM Customer – Hi, sorry the screen was blank for some reason
- 11:00:39 AM Customer – Is there a combo screen that is acoustically transparent and has ambient light rejection?
- 11:00:40 AM Maritza – It’s interesting you should ask. We have been looking into options on an R&D level. We won’t release it till we are certain our customers will be happy with it.
- 11:00:45 AM Maritza – This will be a perforated version of our Cinegrey 5D material. It’s in the prototype stage but the initial evaluations have been looking good.
- 11:01:02 AM Customer – Cool stuff!
- 11:01:08 AM Customer – So, I’m getting the inside story here.
- 11:02:25 AM Maritza – You are and I’m glad to share it. I can forward your email to our marketing manager and he’ll add you to the contact list. You can get our latest news.
- 11:02:35 AM Maritza – Do you have any questions on the Acoustically Transparent and Ambient Light Rejecting materials that we have on hand now?
- 11:04:05 AM Customer – Actually, I think I’ll grab an acoustically transparent screen. I’ve been admiring those on the site. Video looks good.
- 11:04:37 AM Maritza – Glad to hear it. Do you need anything further from me.
- 11:04:43 AM Customer – Nope, think I’ll place my order now. My email address is XXXXX. Please send me updates on that material. When I upgrade, the acoustic screen will make a fine gift to one of my buddies.
- 11:04:54 AM Maritza – Glad to hear it and glad to help.
- 11:05:10 AM Customer – Thank you. I can’t wait till I receive the new screen.