Elite offers a complete package, but sometimes, our customers add their own elements to the installation so that it will be perfect for their unique circumstances. Here, a customer is interested in customizing his wall installation to increase the spacing a little bit.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- 4:00:00 PM Jaime.l – Thank you for contacting Sales department. This is Jaime, how may I help you?
- 3:50:34 PM Mitch – Hi, I’m looking at the starling tab tension 2- 100 inch screen and i noticed that the screen is only 2 inches away from the wall.
- 3:50:53 PM Mitch – is there a way to increase that by half an inch?
- 3:51:30 PM Jaime.l – The screen brackets are spaced 2″ out from the wall as a standard distance to clear the wall it’s mounted on but there are ways to increase it.
- 3:52:01 PM Jaime.l – If you want to go a half inch further, all you would need to do is add a spacer in between the wall and bracket. I recommend getting a longer wood bolt and make sure you anchor it into your wall stud.
- 3:57:00 PM Jaime.l – You can easily find these items in any hardware store. If you want to make your own spacers, I recommend a stout hardwood or plywood painted to match the interior and cut modestly to match the footprint of your installation bracket.
- 3:57:45 PM Mitch – Sounds easy enough. I have ½ in plywood I can measure to fit the wall mount, cut it, then paint. Once it dries, I’ll run a ¼ inch x 4 inch wood screw to seat it.
- 3:58:21 PM Jaime.l – That is exactly what I’d recommend. Is there anything else I can do for you?
- 3:58:26 PM Mitch – Nope, I’ve got this from here.
- 3:58:26 PM Jaime.l – I’m glad to be of help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.