A customer who owns a portable DJ/Presentation business is looking for a more durable way to keep his portable projector screens safe from the daily grind. Although Elite does not manufacture hard cases for their tripod screens, Johnny used this as an opportunity to develop the caller’s awareness of screens made specifically for commercial stage applications. Elite makes manual and electric free-standing portable screens that will stand up to the rigors of everyday stage use so daily transportation to the customer’s events is no problem at all.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer”.
- 4:00:00 PM Johnny – Thank you for contacting Sales department, this is Johnny, how may I help you?
- 9:54:29 AM Customer – I am looking a hard-shell shipping case for your screens. It’s for my DJ service company and I put in a lot of hard stage use.
- 9:54:49 AM Customer – Do you sell anything other than the soft-side carrying bag for the tripod screens?
- 9:56:57 AM Johnny – We don’t make a hard transport case like Pelican brand or something similar to the hard cases used by outdoor sportsmen. That said, there is a lot of variety out there to accommodate your tripod screen’s dimensions.
- 9:57:36 AM Customer – What about something more heavy duty?
- 9:58:44 AM Johnny – I could recommend a variety of ATA Road Cases. A quick web search will bring up more than a few options. If you are interested in a product such as this, I strongly recommend that you consider the following screens we make specifically for stage use.
- 9:59:01 AM Customer – Sounds good. What have you got?
- 9:59:46 AM Johnny – Kestrel Stage. Motorized free-standing portable screen that is already integrated into an ATA Road Case. Here’s the link: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/389
- 9:60:35 AM Johnny – Quickstand 5 Second Series. Non-electric “manual” free-standing portable screen that is already integrated into an ATA Road Case as well. Here’s the link: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/161
- 9:60:58 AM Customer – Looks good. These do cost more though.
- 9:61:46 AM Johnny – It does cost more but keep in mind that a tripod screen is a nice portable item for households, meeting rooms and classrooms but it’s not made for heavy stage use. These items I am recommending are for the stagehand who means business. These are solid items with stellar customer peer reviews. It will really make your presentation pop.
- 9:62:06 AM Customer – Lol! Fantastic sales pitch my friend. They do look nice though.
- 9:63:56 AM Johnny – I appreciate the encouragement. Sales is not my job but it sounds like you really put yourself into your work and I wanted to make sure you knew about the products we provide that could perhaps bring more to your video display.
- 9:65:43 AM Customer – Much appreciated Johnny, although I watch my operational budget, the prices aren’t bad at all. You may have just sold me on an upgrade.
- 9:66:15 AM Johnny – I hope my advice was helpful.
- 9:66:59 AM Customer – Actually yes. Looks like I can buy it online from your shop site or a bunch of online sources. I think I’ll shop a good price and grab one.
- 9:67:26 AM Johnny – Nice to hear. Can I assist with anything else?
- 9:67:48 AM Customer – Nope, thanks a ton for the help.
- 9:68:02 AM Johnny – My pleasure, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.