Our emergency services personnel give so much to our communities so it’s always a pleasure to give a helping hand whenever we can even if it’s something as small as a little advice. In this case, a senior fire department trainer was seeking some advice on screens for training purposes. He was concerned that the projector and screen were not of the same aspect ratio.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Fire Department Trainer”.
- 4:00:00 PM Johnny – Thank you for contacting Sales department, how may I help you?
- 2:49:23 PM Fire Department Trainer – Need recommendations for electric wall mounted screen that will accommodate a variety of aspect ratios using a wuxga projector that is native 16:10 for use in fire station training hall
- 2:50:18 PM Johnny – There are a lot of options for you. I suggest a retractable free-standing screen that comes in a 1:1 (squared) aspect ratio. Namely, I recommend one of our portable Tripod Series projection screens. Since it starts off in a 1:1 aspect ratio, you can adjust it to match just about any aspect ratio you want. There would not be any problem formatting this screen to match your projector’s 16:10 aspect ratio. Plus, it’s portable so no wires are required and you can set up the presentation wherever you need.
- 2:52:41 PM Johnny – you can see this example of this from this video on this link here:
- 2:52:42 PM Johnny – http://elitescreens.com/elitetube/TripodB_Product_Video2.mp4
- 2:52:52 PM Fire Department Trainer – if we project in 16:10 won’t there be large white area at the top and bottom of a 1:1 screen
- 2:53:12 PM Johnny – If you don’t adjust the screen’s height settings, yes there will. However, adjusting the screen retraction will allow you to format the screen to your projector. You’ll see this demonstrated half way through the video. It shows each format, including yours.
- 2:54:08 PM Fire Department Trainer – will check it out
- 2:54:49 PM Johnny – that screen in the video is a tripod of course, but you can still do the same with a motorized screen if you’d prefer. We even have some manually operated wall screens that will give you the precise drop to match whatever aspect ratio your projector is.
- 2:57:55 PM Fire Department Trainer – Ok. Thanks
- 2:58:38 PM Johnny – Certainly, it’s my pleasure to help.
- 2:58:47 PM Johnny – is there anything else I can assist you with today
- 2:59:07 PM Fire Department Trainer – No. Thanks
- 2:59:37 PM Johnny – ok Thank you for your interest in Elite Screens, and hope you have a great day.