A local volunteer service group had a loss at their training facility today. The old spring-loaded manual screen in their training room was released to rise into its case without a guiding hand. The predictable result was that the screen shot up like a rocket and slammed into its housing with such force that it permanently damaged the screen. This turned out to be the perfect opportunity to tell the customer about our new Manual SRM (Slow Retract Mechanism) projector screens that rise into their casings unassisted.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Volunteer Service Group”.
- 4:00:00 PM Rick – Thank you for contacting the service department. Hello, I’m Rick, how may I help you?
- 10:05:39 AM Volunteer Service Group – We had a m80uwh. One of our cadets started to retract the screen and it apparently snapped up and the screen broke. The screen material has separated from the roller.
- 10:06:10 AM Volunteer Service Group – can this be repaired?
- 10:10:51 AM Rick – That’s a hard hit! If the material detached from the roller the damage is likely irreparable.
- 10:11:39 AM Volunteer Service Group – is there a model that will slowly retract if the person lets the screen go?
- 10:12:10 AM Rick – Yes, we have the manual SRM series (slow retract mechanism) and this is exactly what I wanted to suggest for future use.
- 10:12:42 AM Rick – here is the link:
- 10:12:43 AM Rick – http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/393
- 10:13:01 AM Volunteer Service Group – OK, we will look at it. Thanks.
- 10:14:06 AM Rick – if you interested in this series please contact our sales department at firstname.lastname@example.org product is available now and we can ship it to you quickly.
- 10:14:18 AM Volunteer Service Group – ok
- 10:15:39 AM Volunteer Service Group – is a 80 or 84 inch 16:9 version available?
- 10:17:32 AM Rick – We have an 84 inch in the 16:9 in our manual SRM pro series. This models product number is M84HSR-Pro here is the link.
- 10:17:34 AM Rick – http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/394
- 10:18:16 AM Volunteer Service Group – ok
- 10:18:56 AM Rick – It’s my pleasure to help. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and as always, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.