Choosing the right projector screen for your installation can be a daunting task. You’ll be glad to know that we offer a web page dedicated to helping you find precisely the screen that will work best for you. (Here is the link: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch ) In addition to asking about features, our service team is here to help you during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer”.
- 4:00:00 PM Johnny – Thank you for contacting Sales department, this is Johnny, how may I help you?
- 11:10:35 AM Customer – Hi, we are working on a small AV install for a non-profit and need to verify screen characteristics. Here are the details I have:
- 11:10:55 AM Customer – Room is 25×40 with ceilings at 13.5ft
- 11:10:56 AM Johnny – I’d be glad to help. What type of screen are you thinking about getting?
- 11:11:17 AM Customer – we are thinking of a rear wall mount with front projection at a 25′ throw distance
- 11:11:37 AM Customer – screen size we were thinking based on application is 120″ diagonal or so
- 11:11:49 AM Customer – question is how much drop do your screens have?
- 11:12:20 AM Customer – if we mount at 14′ high and want the bottom of the screen to end at 36″ above the floor, that leaves ~70″ of drop
- 11:13:16 AM Johnny – Sounds like you are well on your way with the measurements. The top drop borders range from 4 to 36 inches depending on the model you select.
- 11:13:30 AM Johnny – Here is a tool that can really help you: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch
- 11:13:40 AM Johnny – Punch in all the information about what size/type of screen and you’ll get the full list of what we have. Make your first search just the type, size, and aspect ratio then work from there.
- 11:13:55 AM Johnny – Although SMPTE recommends that the recommended level line of sight be aligned with the bottom 1/3 of the screen, you may want to set the screen higher for commercial applications. That said, here’s an article you may want to read: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/322
- 11:14:14 AM Customer – do you have other options for a recessed ceiling projector?
- 11:14:59 AM Johnny – recessed projectors don’t require a specialized screen per se but we do offer in-ceiling projector screens to match the look of your in-ceiling projector. http://elitescreens.com/products/electric-recessed-in-ceiling-projection-screens
- 11:15:40 AM Customer – Perfect. You’ve given me a lot of tools to use here.
- 11:15:53 AM Johnny – I’m glad to do it and will help you navigate through it every step of the way.
- 11:19:03 AM Customer – ok, thanks. I see a few screens to check out. I see that the screen drop settings can be adjusted with the help of the service department.
- 11:19:16 AM Johnny – That’s correct. I’m glad to help. If you need to adjust the drop settings, I’ll gladly walk you through it.
- 11:19:30 AM Johnny – Was there anything else I can assist you with?
- 11:19:45 AM Customer – all good – thank you
- 11:20:26 AM Johnny – It’s my pleasure. Thank you for reaching out. If you need anything else, my team and I will be around.