A property manager is looking for a good reliable screen for his office meeting room. After reading about numerous brands of electric roll-up screens having “waves” he is concerned about his options and what would work best.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Property Management Customer”.
- Jaime.l – Thank you for contacting Sales department, how may I help you?
- Property Management Customer – Hi I am interested in buying a motorized screen
- Property Management Customer – about 120″
- Property Management Customer – I see that people are complaining about waves on the various roll-up screens everyone makes and I want to avoid that.
- Jaime.l – if you want a screen that is free of waves, I recommend purchasing either a fixed frame screen or one of our higher quality motorized tab-tensioned units
- Jaime.l – My favorite of the ones we make is the Cinetension2 series. In my experience, it’s the flattest screen you can get in an electric roll-up design.
- Jaime.l – It costs more than other screens but it is worth the extra money if you don’t want any kind of waves on the screen
- Jaime.l – here is the link to the product page: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/373
- Property Management Customer – Anything less expensive?
- Jaime.l – I’m certain we can work something out to your favor. If you are ready to buy now, I can introduce you to a sales team member of you can contact us whenever you like through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaime.l – Although most roll-up screens from the various makers won’t be completely free from waves, it is not noticeable with regular projectors. It is typically a problem only with short throw projectors.
- Property Management Customer – So just about every screen maker deals with this. Would some be better then others?
- Jaime.l – Some will be better than others but that depends on the reputability of the makers. Elite has a good reputation and I always recommend looking at the websites to learn more about case studies, reviews, awards. If a company has been around for a while, it will have a lot of this stuff and its better to deal with manufacturers who have a stable history.
- Jaime.l – For flat roll-up screens, the key is to look for models that are tab-tensioned.
- Property Management Customer – I think I am considering the VMAX2 or the Spectrum
- Property Management Customer – would you suggest one of those or something else in that price point?
- Jaime.l – Check out these two models: VMAX120XWH2 & ELECTRIC125HT. If you are using a regular (not UST) projector, the imaging should be great. Each has comparable quality and our support so you can’t lose either way.
- Jaime.l – VMAX120UWH2 has a black housing
- Jaime.l – VMAX120XWH2 has a white housing
- Jaime.l – the Spectrum tab-tensioned is only offered in one case color but its tensioning sounds like something you’d prefer.
- Jaime.l – to find pricing, you can type the model numbers in to the Amazon search field
- Property Management Customer – ok great. Can these screens be flush mounted
- Jaime.l – you can flush mount them to the wall or ceiling
- Property Management Customer – thanks for your help
- Jaime.l – My pleasure. Thank you for contacting us today