When buying accessories, it is always important to know if you are getting a product that will adequately fit your installation. The ZPM-RT kit provides a full IR-RF control package. In addition to clarifying what the right product is, the customer is also interested in getting the full story on what comes in the pack and how it works.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- 4:00:00 PM Johnny – Thank you for contacting Sales department. This is Johnny, how may I help you?
- 12:25:07 PM George – Hi – I want to make sure the ZPM-RT kit will work for me.
- 12:25:40 PM George – I have already purchased the Spectrum 2 Screen
- 12:25:40 PM Johnny – Certainly, I am double checking the product page to verify compatibility.
- 12:26:05 PM Johnny – Yes, that will be the correct model for the remote kit.
- 12:26:51 PM George – My question is whether both remotes come with the kit and whether I will need to install an electrical box in my wall for any of the components
- 12:28:01 PM Johnny – Yes two remotes (one IR and one RF) will come with it. The control box on the remote kit connects to your screen’s power cord.
- 12:28:04 PM Johnny – you can see link here:
- 12:28:09 PM Johnny – http://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/ZPMRT_userguide.pdf
- 12:29:06 PM George – I read the user guide already. Do I need to mount the wall box on the wall?
- 12:29:25 PM Johnny – you can if you’d like.
- 12:29:58 PM George – How large is the IR Eye Receiver that needs to plug into the RJ-45 port on the wall box?
- 12:30:13 PM Johnny – It’s about 3″ long
- 12:31:17 PM George – OK – if I decide to use the RF remote instead, does it require other components?
- 12:31:43 PM Johnny – No, nothing else is needed to use the RF remote
- 12:32:34 PM George – Is the 5-12 volt trigger for situations where I need to avoid interference by choosing an RF frequency for the remote to use?
- 12:33:13 PM Johnny – No its just another option we provide to bring down the screen.
- 12:33:40 PM George – Does the trigger cable connect to the RF remote?
- 12:34:40 PM Johnny – No, the trigger cable connects to the projector
- 12:35:13 PM George – So it is just another control option. Would it replace one of the other two remotes?
- 12:35:49 PM Johnny – You can use the remotes no matter what’s plugged into the RJ-45 port.
- 12:37:36 PM George – Okay, now I see.
- 12:38:36 PM Johnny – is there anything else I can assist you with today
- 12:39:07 PM George – No – I think that answers my questions. Thanks!
- 12:39:19 PM Johnny – My pleasure. I’m glad to help.
- 12:39:30 PM Johnny – Thank you for choosing Elite Screens, and hope you have a great day.