Outdoor projector presentations bring a whole new set of variables into the equation. Although it’s common sense that the show starts at dusk, there are other factors such as wind and various degrees of weather that must be taken into consideration. An outdoor projector event is also not limited by walls like you have in a home or business. Maybe the party will be happening all around the screen. In that case, a 360° solution may be in order. For situations like this, a 2-directional projection material is in order. In this case, the Yard Master Dual is the ideal solution.
Here are the links used in the discussion: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- 4:00:00 PM Jaime.l – Thank you for contacting Elite Screens Sales department. I’m Jaime, how may I help you?
- 8:24:54 AM Customer- I have some questions about this model screen OMS135HR2 “Wraithveil” rear-projection screen.
- 8:25:45 AM Customer – I need to know if this screen can also be used as a front projection screen.
- 8:26:19 AM Jaime.l – This model is designed specifically for the purpose of rear projection so front projection does not work. We do have a dual-sided material that you can project on from either direction and the image will be visible on both sides.
- 8:26:32 AM Customer – It will be used occasionally outside and we do have some wind. Will this be an issue?
- 8:26:34 AM Jaime.l – Yes, it is an outdoor projector screen design very similar to the Yard Master 2 that you were looking at but it is called the Yard Master Dual. Here is the page link: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
- 8:27:43 AM Jaime.l – Also, have a look at this 1-minute short: http://elitescreens.com/elitetube/YardMaster2_DualDemo_Web.mp4
- Here is a customer testimonial. He was local so we sent our film crew to meet with him: http://elitescreens.com/elitetube/YardMaster2_Dual_VideoWeb.mp4
- 8:27:44 AM Customer – What model is that one if I want to order it?
- 8:28:02 AM Customer – What about wind issues?
- 8:28:08 AM Jaime.l – The product number is OMS135H2-DUAL
- 8:28:22 AM Jaime.l – Just like any outdoor screen, it should not be used exceeding 20 MPH. From there, aerodynamics will take over and there is no material that should remain standing after that.
- 8:28:32 AM Jaime.l – A ground support kit including stakes an ropes are included.
- 8:28:38 AM Jaime.l – they are included with the screen
- 8:29:12 AM Customer – Wow! that is an everyday deal here in Corpus. Can this screen be used without the frame.
- 8:29:49 AM Jaime.l – No, the material must be attached to the frame or it won’t be flat.
- 8:30:20 AM Jaime.l – We do have a DIY series with rear projection features that can tie up to trees or garage doors but it is rear projection, not dual. http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/164
- 8:30:30 AM Jaime.l – Does not need to be used on a frame but it is a more basic design
- 8:30:48 AM Jaime.l – Wind swept regions are not ideal for any kind of outdoor production. Your presentation site may be limited to spaces that will shield you from the various breezes and gusts.
- 8:30:55 AM Customer – Thank you for your honesty. I know that the region I live in is difficult for outdoor screens but you have provided me with all the options I need.
- 8:34:38 AM Jaime.l – I’m glad to be of help, is there anything else I can assist you with?
- 8:35:20 AM Customer – No, I think I will go with the dual projection model since it is nicer but I will need to pick certain places in my yard that will shelter it from the wind. I have a large shed next to the dock so that should work just fine. Thanks again for the help.