It’s important to give a customer what they want based on priority. As much as this customer preferred a 16:10 screen, he was willing to use a 16:9 as long as it fit his specs more precisely. Attached is the discussion along with advice on how one can calculate projector diagonal sizes.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- How to Calculate the screen’s diagonal size: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/207
- Screen Calculator: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- ezFrame product page: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/149
- Sable Frame product sales page: http://shop.elitescreens.com/sableframe2.aspx
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- 4:00:00 PM Johnny – Thank you for contacting Sales department. This is Johnny, how may I help you?
- 12:45:37 PM Steve- I am looking for a 12′ wide fixed screen
- 12:46:00 PM Johnny – Certainly, will you have controlled lighting in your room? If so, I recommend a white material.
- 12:46:09 PM Steve – yes, we have controlled lighting with no windows.
- 12:46:46 PM Johnny – Since 12′ is 144″ width, we have a 81h x 144w screen size. It is in the 16:9 (HDTV) aspect ratio that TV panels come in today.
- 12:47:06 PM Johnny – The model I recommend is the Sable Frame2 series (ER165WH2). It’s a fixed frame screen. Will this work?
- 12:47:09 PM Steve – I would prefer a fixed frame screen over a retractable format so yes.
- 12:47:15 PM Johnny – ok great
- 12:47:26 PM Steve – Also – I will need a 16:10 projector screen.
- 12:47:53 PM Johnny – This screen needs to be 16:10? or you need a second screen in 16:10 ?
- 12:48:05 PM Steve – This screen – I only need one.
- 12:48:17 PM Steve – …and the specific projector I will use is 16:10
- 12:49:03 PM Johnny – The largest size we have in a 16:10 aspect ratio is a 76×122 of our ezFrame series.
- 12:49:13 PM Johnny – The model number is R144WX2
- 12:49:42 PM Johnny – you can see this series from this link here:
- 12:49:43 PM Johnny – http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/149
- 12:49:59 PM Steve – OK. I would prefer a 16:9 as long as it’s closer to 12” across
- 12:50:44 PM Johnny – For the 16:9 screen, you can purchase from this link here:
- 12:50:45 PM Johnny – http://shop.elitescreens.com/sableframe2.aspx
- 12:52:26 PM Steve – One more – what is the diagonal measurement of the 16:9 12′ screen?
- 12:52:57 PM Johnny – that would be 165″ diagonal. The product number notes the size: ER165WH2
- 12:53:14 PM Johnny – We have a screen calculator that makes it easy: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator for those who want the full rundown on calculating, we came out with a tech tip: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/207
- 12:53:26 PM Steve – How quickly would a screen ship when ordered?
- 12:53:40 PM Johnny – It will ship within 24-48 hours
- 12:54:22 PM Steve – Are there other places I can price shop this from?
- 12:55:36 PM Johnny – Yes, our “Where to Buy” page offers various options: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/authoriseddealer
- 12:56:27 PM Steve – Ok. Sounds good. thanks!!
- 12:56:35 PM Johnny – I’m glad to help. Is there anything else I may assist you with?
- 12:56:45 PM Steve – Nope. Thanks and have a good day!
- 12:57:06 PM Johnny – Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.