This is a great discussion for a customer considering the use of an In-ceiling screen but is concerned about ambient light. While Elite is currently working on a solution, it already has electric roll-up ALR screens. This discussion compares ALR to matte white, how to mount the screen and projector placement for optimal performance.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Installation diagram for optimal ALR performance
- Dimension specs for the Starling Electric Projector Screen
- Video – The advantage of ALR over matte white https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- Video – The proper way to mount a screen for optimal results: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- Video – Achieving the proverbial “sweet spot” for optimal ALR video performance https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [22:32] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [22:32] Customer: Hello Rick, does Elite Screen make an Evanesce B Series, 110-inch Diagonal 16:9, Recessed In-Ceiling Electric Projector Screen with Installation Kit available for a project I’m working on?
- [22:34] Customer: I have a new home construction I want to put or hang a projector screen in what will likely be a well-lit room (daylight will shine thru windows) so as much as I would like to have an in-ceiling screen, I am willing to consider a regular ALR (Ambient light rejecting) screen.
- [22:34] Rick: At this time, we currently have it only standard white material for the In-ceiling screens. That said, we have many different ALR screens to choose from if ambient light will be an issue.
- [22:35] Customer: Are there special rules to using ALR materials?
- [22:36] Customer: Namely, are there special height settings for the projector and screen to get the best performance?
- [22:38] Rick: Yes, there are methods of optimal screen and projector placement for the best results. Here is the diagram that covers the basics. File : https://projectorscreenresource.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/ALR_4imageDiagram.jpg
- [22:40] Rick: My favorite choice for a high performance electric screen with ALR material is the Starling Ginegrey 5D. Here is the product web page https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/36 And here are the mechanical specs.
- [23:01] Rick: Here is the comparison video on the advantage of ALR over matte white https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [23:03] Rick: Here is a video on the proper way to mount a screen for optimal results: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- [23:04] Rick: Here is the video on achieving the proverbial “sweet spot” for optimal ALR video performance https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_CLR_SweetSpot_VideoWeb.mp4
- [23:06] Customer: Thank you so much Rick. I have room for an in-ceiling installation but I am open to a standard electric screen as well.
- [23:06] Rick: It’s my pleasure to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.