An installer who started out buying product online decides to start using integrator products after asking our service team about the good, better, best options. While our theater-grade materials are very good, specialty materials like the CineGrey 3D® is better with its ability to give TV screen brightness with the lights on or off. The best is the high end integrator stuff that the average AV shopper avoids due to its specific high end performance specs. (Think Toyota vs. Lexus). In this case it is a CineGrey 5D®, the customer chose this top tier brand because his customer insisted on having the very best option for his/her installation.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [20:36] George: Hello, I am trying to find information about ambient light rejecting screens for an install I am working on
- [20:36] George: I am a reseller and purchased my screens through Ingram Micro
- [20:36] Rick: Certainly George, I appreciate your business. How may I help you.
- [20:37] George: Okay cool. Here is my situation. I have a large room in a house that has a glass wall on the south side of the room that allows in a lot of ambient light. We will have curtains and we can control the lighting from above, but in scenarios where they want to keep the curtains open, I was hoping I could still get a bright enough image that won’t be washed out by ambient light.
- [20:38] George: I have a maximum width of 136″ but I can go as tall I need
- [20:38] George: I want to get the best picture possible as I will be installing an Optoma 4K500 projector
- [20:38] George: Also, it needs to be fixed frame
- [20:41] Rick: Okay, I’m looking at your projector online. It has a lot of output. I can recommend the Cinegrey 3D material. It has 1.2 gain and ambient light rejecting properties. I have a good suggestion for the projector screen.
- [20:42] Rick: The ER150DHD3 is our 150″ diagonal screen in the 16:9 format that matches your projector’s aspect ratio. This is the biggest screen we have with the ALR material.
- [20:43] George: Is there any better screen that would give me even more gain? Just curious
- [20:46] Rick: Certainly, I have just the alternate for you.
- [20:46] George: No worries, I am just wanting to make sure I have your very best version.
- [20:49] Rick: We do have one with a 1.5 gain this will be good for a setup with little or no control of room lighting. The material is the Cinegrey5D. The model number is R150DHD5 this is available through our EliteProAV line of dedicated commercial products. Since you are an installer, I can get you in contact with an EliteProAV sales rep if you’re interested.
- [20:49] George: Okay, so that will give me the best reflection and control of ambient light coming in from the sides
- [20:50] Rick: Yes, since it’s higher performance, custom installers/commercial integrators are the ones asking for it. Here’s the link http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/38
- [20:50] Rick: It is still on our Elite Screens website so that you can have a look at it.
- [20:50] George: Looking at it now and it’s perfect. That is what I needed to know. Thank you for your time today. Can you send me the contact link so that I can set up the sale?
- [20:51] Rick: I’d be glad to. Here is the contact link: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/contact-elite-screens-us turnaround time is typically within 1-business day.
- [20:53] George: Perfect, thanks buddy.
- [20:54] Rick: Thanks George. I appreciate you reaching out today. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.