Elite offer a variety of products for both old and new screen models. For this reason, it’s always a good idea to check with our team. In this case, the customer has a new model screen and is looking to replace a component that was lost. The only information needed was the model and serial number.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [19:35] Mark: Hello
- [19:36] Jaime: Thank you for contacting the Elite Screens Service Department. This is Jaime, how may I help you?
- [19:36] Mark: I just talked to someone about an extended IR eye receiver. Here is the page I’m looking at. http://shop.elitescreens.com/extended_ir_receiver.aspx
- [19:37] Mark: I’m about to buy it but which version should I pick? Ver 1.4 or 2.0? it, it is asking a version question
- [19:37] Mark: I have a Starling Tension 2 Series, Mod# Xxxxxxx.
- [19:37] Jaime: I’m glad you asked. Choose a V2.0 series. That is compatible with this brand.
- [19:37] Mark: OK thank you.
- [19:37] Jaime: My pleasure, is there anything else I can assist you with?
- [19:37] Mark: Do I really need to get the serial number as well?
- [19:38] Jaime: Yes you did. We require it to ensure that the part is compatible with your screen. In this case, the Starling Tension is automatically compatible with the Ver. 2.0 receivers.
- [19:38] Mark: Ok, Just wanted to make sure. This SN is on the sales order. Where’s it on the screen?
- [19:38] Jaime: You get the serial number off of the right side end cap sticker.
- [19:38] Mark: Okay, I have no further questions. Thank you for all your help. Have a nice day.
- [19:38] Jaime: I appreciate that Mark. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.