Here is a recent discussion about ALR ambient light rejecting materials and the value of using an Aeon CLR with an UST projector.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Cinegrey 3D/5D operational diagram:
- Aeon CLR Product Page: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- Aeon CLR Tech Tip: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/214
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:56] Customer: Does the Cinegrey 5D work with short throw projectors?
- [22:00] Rick: the Cinegrey 5D material is made for Standard throw projectors. This means that the material is designed to take out a projected signal traveling direct from point A (the projector lens) to point B (the projection screen). At the same time, it filters out off-axis light (or light coming from above, below, or the sides).
- [22:01] Customer: Okay, what about Cinegrey 3D? Because I have ambient light issues in my room.
- [22:01] Customer: I have an ultra short throw projector
- [22:02] Rick: The Cinegrey 3D is our standard ALR (ambient light rejecting) screen. The CineGrey 5D in the enhanced version ALR. In the grand scheme of things, our matte white screens are good, CineGrey 3D is better, Cinegrey 5D is best. Now in your case, I have an answer.
- [22:02] Customer: I have an Optima W307USTi.
- [22:03] Customer: I can either ceiling or table mount it.
- [22:04] Rick: Your UST projector will throw an off-axis signal that will not be reflected adequately by either Cinegrey 3D or 5D models. This diagram shows why. http://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/ALR_angular_reflective_material_Installation_Tip.pdf
- [22:04] Rick: Now, for your UST screen, I recommend our CLR (ceiling light rejecting) projector screen. It’s an ALR made exclusively for UST projectors. We call it the Aeon CLR.
- [22:05] Customer: I’m listening. Keep talking.
- [22:07] Rick: Here is the link for the Aeon CLR: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- [22:07] Customer: Okay, looking now.
- [22:09] Rick: Here is a tech tip we created describing how you can really get a lot out of combining a UST projector with an Aeon CLR screen. It has a video clip too: http://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/214
- [22:12] Customer: Ok this looks real good. I’m going through the video and the pictures.
- [22:13] Rick: I’m glad you like it. What are your thoughts.
- [22:14] Customer: I think it’s pretty compelling. I’ll be contacting your sales channel next. Thanks for the help.
- [22:15] Rick: I’m glad I could help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.