Rather than assume, it’s always best to get your measurements from the source. In this case, a customer is installing a VMAX Dual (alternating 16:9 and 2.35:1 aspect ratio screen materials), and wants to make sure.
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:00] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [18:01] Customer: I am close to ordering a VMAX Dual model VMAXT117C94H-E16. With this screen ceiling mounted, will I be able to adjust the bottom of the screen location so that I can stop the screen deployment at a position less than fully down?
- [18:04] Rick: Yes, we can provide you with instruction on how to adjust the screen drop. Also if you are going to purchase the unit directly from us at shop.elitescreens.com , on checkout there is a customer note section that you can request the drop adjustment.
- [18:06] Customer: OK, that is where I plan to order it. So I would need to specify what distance I would like from top of screen housing to bottom of bottom rod?
- [18:08] Customer: Also, what is standard black drop size, and what is the additional drop in extended version?
- [18:10] Rick: the drop size is 16 inches and over drop of 71.6 inches
- [18:12] Customer: sorry, just looking at spec sheet and I think I have found it. 516 is 16″drop, and there are also 20 and 24 inch drop. I think the 16″ is fine for my installation.
- [18:12] Customer: Sorry about mistype on 516, SB E16
- [18:14] Customer: One more point of clarification. The standard drop is 8″, so the E16 is 16″ or 8+16 = 24?
- [18:15] Rick: the standard model is 8 ” drop the E16 is only 16″ in total
- [18:15] Rick: We try to keep this straight forward to avoid confusion.
- [18:16] Customer: OK got it. Thank you. I think that is all I have for now.
- [18:16] Customer: Cheers!
- [18:16] Rick: You’re welcome, It was my pleasure to help.