It’s important to know that Short throw and Ultra-Short-Throw projectors require an absolutely flat projection surface or else the image will be distorted. In this case, the customer was provided with a variety of portable, fixed frame, and retractable electric options. Another brand to consider for training environments is Elite’s WhiteBoard projection screen: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/175.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Cinetension B: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/361
- Yard Master 2: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/235
- Aeon Matte White: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/142
- Aeon CLR: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- Sable fixed frame screen: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/48
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [20:29] Customer: What screen do you sell that works with short throw projectors?
- [20:33] Rick: Hello, we have a lot of screens to choose from for use with your short throw or UST (ultra short throw) projector. I primarily recommend our tension-frame models or our tab-tensioned roll-up screens that use our cinewhite material. Here are some links for a couple I suggest.
- [20:34] Rick: Cinetension B series – electric projector screen.
- [20:34] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/361
- [20:34] Rick: Yard Master 2 series – portable free-standing folding frame screen
- [20:34] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/235
- [20:35] Rick: Both are solid choices that are compatible with UST projectors.
- [20:35] Customer: Okay thank you, what will happen if you just use the elite spectrum series?
- [20:36] Rick: Short throw and ultra short throw projectors must throw onto an absolutely flat surface. Because the image spreads out at such a low projector distance, the slightest differences in screen flatness will create distortion patches on the projector.
- [20:37] Rick: If you use a matte white material, the Aeon is a great fixed frame projector screen.
- [20:37] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/142
- [20:38] Rick: the next one is design for UST projectors. This is the Aeon CLR (ceiling light rejecting) projector screen.
- [20:38] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- [20:38] Rick: Our Sable frame is a typical frame projector screen. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/48
- [20:39] Customer: Okay thank you it seems the sable frame 2 series is the most affordable option and I think I’ll go with it.
- [20:40] Rick: It was my pleasure to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.