Just because a projection screen is portable, it may not be an “outdoor” projector screen. The tripod is a great solution for projection on the go but giving a presentation outside requires a design that will stand up to the elements. In this discussion, the Yard Master 2 is designed for the elements. Jaime, the service manager, was even able to provide the customer with information on his projector and advice on matching the projector and screen’s aspect ratio.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Understanding projector aspect ratios: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [20:37] Customer: Hello. I purchased your tripod screen, but we use it more outdoors than indoors and the wind always seems to move it around. Should I be considering an upgrade to something like the yard master series 2
- [20:39] Jaime: Yes, I agree that a screen like the Yard Master2 would be better for outdoor use. Although your tripod is portable, it is meant for indoor presentations. Did you want front or rear projection?
- [20:41] Jaime: By the way, here is the link for the Yard Master 2 on our shopping site: http://shop.elitescreens.com/yard-master.aspx
- [20:41] Customer: Let’s stick with front projection here. That works better for me.
- [20:42] Jaime: This Screen comes with tent pegs and guylines to secure it in place for outdoor usage.
- [20:43] Customer: We have a BENQ HT1085ST. Is that a front projector only?
- [20:44] Jaime: From looking at the web page http://www.benq.us/product/projector/HT1085ST you have a pretty nice portable projector there. It may have a rear projection mode but check with the manual first. It definitely does front projection though. With its output and 10w speaker, it should allow you to put on some nice small group projections to go.
- [20:45] Customer: what is the difference with the yard master and master 2?
- [20:45] Jaime: the 2 series is a folding frame. The Yard Master is the older model that featured conjoining pipe tubing as the framework.
- [20:45] Jaime: The Yard Master 2 has a better design and is easier to work with on the setup and teardown.
- [20:47] Customer: I’m looking at your 100″ yard master 2. What is CineWhite or WraithVeil?
- [20:47] Jaime: Cinewhite is front projection
- [20:47] Jaime: Wrathveil is rear projection
- [20:49] Customer: Okay, so I have a choice here. I think I’ll stick with the CineWhite material
- [20:49] Jaime: Since your projector is a 16:9 (HDTV) aspect ratio, it would be best to have a matching screen.
- [20:49] Customer: Oh ok great. Thank you.
- [20:50] Customer: I appreciate all your help on this. Thank you for taking the time to go over this with me.
- [20:53] Jaime: It’s my pleasure. To learn more about picking the right screen size, I recommend this video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- [20:53] Customer: I’ve learned a lot today, thank you.
- [20:55] Jaime: It’s my pleasure; I’m glad to have helped. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.