This customer brought up a few big questions about picking the right projector screen. This chat covers topics such as How to Select a projection screen; How to Select the right projection screen size; when a company makes different models of a same screen, which one’s which?
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- How to select a projector screen material: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- Selecting the right screen size: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- Comparison Chart for Elite fixed-frame screens: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/ComparisonTables/fixed_frame_comp_2016.pdf
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:52] Johnny: Hello how may I assist you today
- [17:52] Customer: I am trying to pick out a screen for my house.
- [17:53] Johnny: Great question. Are you looking for a motorized or fixed frame screen
- [17:53] Johnny: …and will your room have controlled lighting
- [17:53] Customer: I think fixed screen would be fine for our application, are there any negatives to going fixed versus electric?
- [17:54] Customer: Our room can have controlled lighting, yes. I plan to install black out shades in the windows
- [17:54] Customer: After reading online reviews I came across the EZFrame 2 series
- [17:54] Johnny: Yes fixed frame is a top choice for home theater.
- [17:55] Johnny: What diagonal size are you looking for?
- [17:55] Customer: After sitting on the couch and viewing the wall we have about a 55″ tall viewing window. Which looks like that caps us out at about 110″ diagonal
- [17:56] Customer: 16:9 ratio
- [17:56] Customer: I think my biggest questions are A) what material should I get? and B) Is the EZFrame really one of the top quality options?
- [17:57] Johnny: since you will have controlled lighting, then any fixed frame screen that uses our Cinewhite (Matte White) material would be just fine. Here is a great instructional video on making your choice: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- [17:57] Customer: How does one pick from all of the fixed frame options? Is it simply just appearance?
- [17:58] Customer: When you say controlled lighting… what do you mean? The room has 3 windows in it which will have dark curtains in them. The lights can obviously be turned off and that should create fairly dark environment. It certainly wont be pitch black though on a bright day
- [17:59] Customer: There can be light from the downstairs coming up as there is a entry way that is open… but it is fairly minimal
- [17:59] Johnny: Yes as long as all your windows are able to be covered, then that would be considered an environment with an acceptable degree of control over ambient lighting.
- [18:00] Customer: Okay. So the 110″ EZFrame 2 in CineWhite material would be a good option for me.
- [18:03] Johnny: Yes that’s correct. An ezFrame model R110WH2 should suit you nicely. Here’s a comparison chart of our various fixed frame screens: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/ComparisonTables/fixed_frame_comp_2016.pdf If you’d like to know more about how to pick the right screen size, here is a great instructional video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- [18:00] Customer: Perfect. Thanks for helping.
- [18:00] Johnny: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.