A customer is looking for an exact fit and learned that an “exact” fit is not a “perfect” fit. Rick reminds the customer that it’s always best to round up by inch on the screen’s width/height while rounding down on the width/height of the installation space in the opposite manner. There must be some margin for error or the outcome may likely be a huge problem. Check out the video below for more information on how mount your projector screen
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- How to properly install your projector screen: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:03] Joe: Trying to figure out the best screen for me. I am trying to get the largest I can fit in a particular area. I need a manual pull down and I have 103.25 inches wide to work with.
- [21:04] Joe: 69.5 inch vertical
- [21:04] Rick: Okay, one moment while I bring up some size charts. What is the aspect ratio?
- [21:04] Joe: Great thanks
- [21:05] Joe: Quality but not premium as not trying to break the bank here. I have a 16:9 Long-Throw projector.
- [21:05] Joe: 16:9 (HDTV)
- [21:06] Rick: how far is your short throw projector will be from the screen?
- [21:06] Joe: I already have that sorted out. I need about a 106” size
- [21:07] Rick: I have this model the M106UWH. Here is also a good video in how to best place your screen: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- [21:08] Rick: the case size is stated as 98.7 but I will cite 99”. Whenever you install, I recommend rounding up to the nearest inch of the size for the product installed and rounding down on the installation space. This unit is in a 16:9 format.
- [21:08] Joe: is there a 110 or 120?
- [21:08] Joe: might get too wide
- [21:09] Rick: I’d avoid those sizes. It’s not going to fit your installation.
- [21:09] Joe: Gotcha – does it come in white or black?
- [21:10] Rick: This model comes only in black. But we do have a white case in the 100” size.
- [21:10] Joe: Okay, let’s stick with the M106UWH
- [21:10] Joe: Is that saying only Ultra or both Ultra and Short throw
- [21:12] Rick: yes, you would want a tab-tensioned screen to work with a short throw or UST if you had one. We do have tensioned manual screens coming in.
- [21:12] Joe: Okay, I’ll keep that in mind for later. No sense in spending more right now when I don’t need to.
- [21:12] Joe: Thanx for the help.
- [21:13] Rick: My pleasure sir, Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.