This discussion reveals the difference between matte white and acoustically transparent materials. There are a lot of sound aficionados out there who don’t want the screen to muffle their speaker’s ability to deliver a good sound. This discussion is a good one for those shopping for a new acoustically transparent screen.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- AcousticPro 1080P3 product page: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/281
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [15:15] Jaime: Hello, how may I help you?
- [15:16] Customer: I am looking at Lunette series screens in 135 inch.
- [15:17] Customer: I see that there are 2 types in this, CineWhite and AcousticPro1080P3.
- [15:17] Customer: 1) what is the difference between these two?
- 2) Also what is the difference between Lunette and Lunette series 2?
- [15:17] Jaime: Acoustically transparent materials like the AcousticPro1080P3 are for placing in front of in-wall speakers. This allows sound and image to come from the same point of origin without the sound being muffled by the screen.
- [15:18] Jaime: The only difference with the Lunette and Lunette 2 is that the second version comes with a full installation kit.
- [15:19] Customer: ok, CineWhite & AcousticPro? How is Cinewhite different.
- [15:20] Jaime: Acousticpro is acoustically transparent is for use with in-wall speakers behind it.
- [15:20] Jaime: Cinewhite is solid white material. It costs a bit less but gives a little more picture brightness.
- [15:20] Customer: Ok got it. You mean I can put the speakers behind the AcousticPro 1080P3 screen?
- [15:20] Jaime: that is correct
- [15:20] Customer: There would not be any problems with the sound?
- [15:20] Jaime: No, the material is specifically designed for sound to pass through with minimal attenuation.
- [15:21] Customer: I am going to use Bose speakers.
- [15:21] Jaime: Nice choice. If they are in-wall, use the acoustically transparent material. If they are not, get a regular Cinewhite screen. The two will work great together.
- [15:21] Customer: Ok, speaker brands don’t matter?
- [15:22] Customer: bose, xyz etc….?
- [15:22] Jaime: Brands only matter to your preference, not the screen. To learn more about the acoustic material, please follow this link: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/281
- [15:24] Customer: Ok I am looking at one on Amazon. Lunette series AcousticPro 1080P3 is cheaper than your website. What’s the difference?
- [15:25] Jaime: Prices simply vary from place to place. The product is the same.
- [15:25] Jaime: We don’t compete with our dealers’ prices; we only list the MSRP.
- [15:25] Customer: Ok got it.
- [15:25] Jaime: Sometimes, Amazon will sell open box items or refurbished
- [15:26] Customer: It is from Elite screens.
- [15:26] Jaime: We are the maker, yes.
- [15:26] Jaime: Just make sure you buy it new.
- [15:26] Customer: got it. thx Jaime.
- [15:26] Jaime: sure thing it was my pleasure to help.
- [15:26] Jaime: thank you for choosing Elite Screens.
- [15:26] Customer: Thanks, bye.