Here is a QA covering what an acoustically transparent Screen is and how it is useful to what the customer is trying to do.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Projection screen calculator: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- Acoustically transparent screen product page: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/360
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:08] Tim: Hi guys, looking for an acoustically transparent 130″ screen.
- [18:09] Johnny: has joined the conversation
- [18:09] Johnny: sure does this need to be motorized?
- [18:09] Johnny: or fixed frame screen?
- [18:09] Tim: nope.. fixed wall.. I think I like the Aeon series..
- [18:10] Johnny: For the Aeon we have a 135″ diagonal
- [18:10] Johnny: which is model AR135H2-AUHD
- [18:12] Tim: this is my first screen. What will that do if the screen is larger? Does that throw off the overall size of the picture?
- [18:12] Tim: Also, is the audio transparent really that necessary for the center channel to be behind it? What would the loss be?
- [18:13] Johnny: There is minimal attenuation. Your ears will not detect the difference. It also does not affect picture quality.
- [18:15] Johnny: If the speaker is going to be behind the material, the acoustic material is needed because a regular projection material will muffle your sound.
- [18:15] Tim: The projector is the Epson 504UB.. it’s sitting roughly 13’=14′ away.. ceiling
- [18:17] Johnny: for a 135″ the screen calculator https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator recommends a throw distance of 18′.
- [18:19] Tim: ooofff.. that may be too far back. Or would it be better to shrink the screen?
- [18:19] Johnny: I recommend either selecting a smaller screen or contacting Epson to see how adjustable the throw sizes are. You may be able to adjust your projector lens and keep the larger size.
- [18:21] Tim: ok, the logistically I have a hallway after 15′ back.. that’s why I was asking about the 26′.. 18′ would be directly in the center of the hall..
- [18:21] Johnny: I see
- [18:21] Tim: what’s the next smaller screen?
- [18:21] Johnny: for a 120″ it recommends 16′
- [18:24] Tim: alright, so 18′ is the sweet spot then. That will be a 130″ screen. I do not see that model number when I search on the screen size page.
- [18:25] Tim: err,, 135″ screen
- [18:25] Johnny: you can see from this link here:
- [18:25] Johnny: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/360
- [18:29] Tim: I think we’re good for now.. Thank you!
- [18:31] Tim: Where do I find pricing for the AR135H2-AUHD
- [18:33] Johnny: It is on our shop site is $849 with free shipping. You may search the model on your search engine to obtain a list of dealers with their individual pricing.
- [18:33] Johnny: http://shop.elitescreens.com/aeon.aspx
- [18:34] Tim: Thank you!
- [18:35] Johnny: My pleasure, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.