A very common question is “can I stick my electric screen to the ceiling?” Many people fear it’s a complicated procedure when in fact, it’s not. Below are the links to the 2-most important bits of information. 1 – know your room and product dimensions; and 2 – follow the easy instructional video.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- VMAX 2 product dimensions: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/57#section7
- Installing an electric screen to ceiling: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Spectrum_2_Ceiling_Installation.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [15:44] Customer: Hi…would I need special mounting brackets for mounting a 120” VMAX 2 in the ceiling? If so, which ones?
- [15:49] Rick: the VMAX 2 is designed to be mounted on the wall or on the ceiling. You will not need any special after-market product. It’s all there.
- [15:52] Customer: If mounted to the ceiling…what is the distance from the ceiling to the top of the viewing area on a regular screen and a 24″ drop screen?
- [15:55] Rick: The casing gives it about 4 inches more. To be more precise, it is 3.5 inches.
- [15:56] Rick: with a 24 inch drop it will be 27.5 from the ceiling to the top of the viewing area. Here is the dimensions table:
- [15:58] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/57#section7
- [15:59] Rick: For good measures, here is an instructional video we did on ceiling installations in general: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Spectrum_2_Ceiling_Installation.mp4
- [15:59] Customer: great…thanks.
- [16:06] Rick: It was my pleasure to help; have a great day.
- [16:14] Customer: one more question…if we do need to drop it about 6″ from the ceiling…to avoid pipes…what brackets do we need?
- [16:15] Rick: We do offer an aftermarket accessory for that. We have a 6” wall bracket to bring it out from the wall: our L brackets the ZVMAXLB6-B are a good answer. If you would like to go over more options regarding this, please send me a picture of your proposed installation and I can assist you with more advice.
- [16:18] Rick: Other options can be acquired from just about any hardware store.
- [16:19] Customer: ok…got it…thanks again..
- [16:20] Rick: My pleasure sir.
- [16:20] Rick: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.