This article demonstrates a typical discussion about Acoustically transparent or AT projection materials. In this case, the customer wants to learn more about AT materials before taking the plunge and bringing home the big screen.
- Article describing acoustic transparency: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/268
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:31] Customer: I’m looking for a 150″ acoustic transparent fixed screen.
- [18:32] Customer: Does the Aeon screen series allow sound to pass through the screen?
- [18:33] Rick: We do have an acoustically transparent screen for the Aeon series. It’s called the Aeon AUHD Series.
- [18:33] Customer: I found this on (an online sales site link) is this one of them?
- [18:33] Rick: It’s close but you want a large 150” size fixed frame, I recommend this: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/360
- [18:33] Rick: Here is a great educational article that we have produced on the topic:
- [18:34] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/268
- [18:34] Customer: Sounds good. Can this material work with high resolution projectors?
- [18:35] Rick: This material is compliant with 4K UHD resolution projectors.
- [18:35] Customer: What about backlighting the speaker heads behind the screen?
- [18:36] Rick: Light does penetrate acoustically transparent materials and light up what is behind it. This product has a countermeasure to artifacts like that. It comes with an acoustically transparent black-backing material to prevent light from illuminating speakers and other items behind your screen.
- [18:36] Customer: ok, thanks for the info!
- [18:36] Rick: It’s my pleasure. Thank you for reaching out.
- [18:36] Customer: oh ok. Appreciated.
- [18:37] Rick: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens