This discussion covers the different types of projectors from Standard to short throw to UST and which materials work best for them.
- Aeon CLR Product Page: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- Aeon CLR Video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4
- Article on various projector types: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [19:10] Mick: I’m looking to buy a motorized projector screen that will work with a short throw projector. I would like an electric roll-up but is there a particular material I should buy? I’d like it to be 150″ – 160″ diagonal sixe
- [19:11] Rick Hello Mick, I would gladly assist you with this. You are right about the material. Since a short throw projector spreads out a light signal over such a short distance, anything but a flat-taut surface will give a distorted image. If it is a roll-up format, I recommend a tab-tensioned PVC material.
- [19:12] Rick: We have a few series that will work with this type of projector but I have a favorite and it’s not the most expensive we have either.
- [19:13] Rick: Our Cinetension B series is especially popular.
- [19:13] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/361
- [19:13] Rick: the biggest model is 150″
- [19:16] Mick: so the tension is designed for short throw projectors?
- [19:17] Rick: yes. It keeps the screen surface perfectly flat so that the UST projector can thow an even image.
- [19:18] Rick: For a roll-up design, it needs the tab-tensioning to provide you with the flattest surface possible.
- [19:19] Mick: if I went with a fixed frame model what would you recommend?
- [19:19] Mick: I’ve got the Optoma EH320 UST
- [19:19] Rick: between the motorized screen?
- [19:20] Rick: Fixed frame is the absolute best solution. Any of our matte white designs would work best but my favorite is an ALR/CLR material specially made for UST projectors, It is called the Aeon CLR
- [19:21] Mick: Sounds good. Do you have a link?
- [19:22] Rick: I do. Here it is. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154 check out the video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4 here is a recent article our marketing manager did https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [19:23] Mick: ok thank you, appreciate your help
- [19:23] Rick: you’re welcome, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.