Here is a discussion on installing an in ceiling projector screen. Elite offers in-ceiling kits for their various electric projection screens. Here is information on that as well as videos of our “made-for-in-ceiling” projector screens being installed to paint a better picture.
- Spectrum Product Page: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/55
- Product page for in-ceiling kit: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/267
- Video for installing Evanesce from below: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/evanesce_install_m.mp4
- Video for installing Evanesce from Above: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Evanesce_above_ceiling_installation_SD01.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [19:31] Jaime: Hello, how may I help you?
- [19:32] Customer: I just bought this item and need to know what I need to go with it. We are considering recessing in ceiling. can you email me a cut sheet for the contractors? Also, do we need a trim kit? Thanks
- [19:32] Customer: Elite Screens Spectrum, 100-inch Diag 16:9, Electric Motorized 4K Ready Drop Down Projector Screen, ELECTRIC100H
- [19:32] Jaime: here are all of the specs for the Spectrum Electric Projector Screen: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/55
- [19:33] Jaime: please refer to the DOWNLOADS section
- [19:33] Jaime: a trim kit is needed only if the screen is going to be concealed into the ceiling
- [19:34] Jaime: Also, this screen may not drop down far enough for a ceiling mount if the screen is going to be over 8′ in height.
- [19:37] Jaime: Here is the link for the in-ceiling kit: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/267
- [19:37] Customer: Perfect! this works.
- [19:37] Jaime: Do you have any additional questions for me regarding this?
- [19:38] Customer: I think that this works but do you have any footage of an actual installation?
- [19:39] Jaime: We certainly do. Here is footage of our Evanesce screens being installed. These are screens that are already integrated with their in-ceiling kits. The Spectrum involves installing the in-ceiling kit first and then mounting the Spectrum into the cradle. That said, these videos may give you some ideas.
- [19:40] Jaime: Here is the video for installing from below: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/evanesce_install_m.mp4
- [19:40] Jaime: Here is the video for installing from above in the ceiling space: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Evanesce_above_ceiling_installation_SD01.mp4
- [19:41] Customer: Cool man, I’ll take it from here.
- [19:41] Jaime: I’m glad to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.