Here is a real easy way to tell the difference between the Manual and Manual B screens. It even touches on brightness (lumens) and screen reflectivity (gain).
Here are the links used
- Comparison Sheet for Manual Screens: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/ComparisonTables/Manual_Comp.pdf
- Article of measured brightness (Lumens) and Screen Reflectivity (Gain) https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/213
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:47] Customer: How does the manual series differ from the manual B?
- [17:49] Rick: I be happy to assist with your inquiry. It’s a good question to ask and I have an easy answer for you.
- [17:51] Rick: The difference between these two series are as follows: the manual series is our basic model. The Manual b series is more economical. It has a smaller case and has a thinner material.
- [17:51] Rick: The “gain” or brightness for the manual b surface is 1.0 gain. The Manual series has a 1.1 gain material.
- [17:51] Customer: Is the B considered better?
- [17:51] Rick: The Manual series has a thicker and slightly more reflective material. The Manual B is a little less on the reflectivity and requires less materials to make, so we pass along the savings to you.
- [17:51] Customer: Which gain is better?
- [17:52] Rick: The Manual B is 10% less gain
- [17:53] Customer: I see that 1.0 is 10% less than 1.1. I don’t know what gain means and which is better?
- [17:54] Rick: “Gain” is the standard industry unit of measured reflectivity. 1.0 is the standard base of measurement against what is considered the purest possible white material (magnesium carbonate). Here is a lesson explaining brightness and gain: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/213 So a 1.1 gain material is about 10% more efficient in its reflectivity than the standard white material is.
- [17:54] Customer: Which one is considered better?
- [17:55] Rick: If “better” means brighter, then go with the manual series. If you are more interested in cost effectiveness, then I recommend the Manual B.
- [17:57] Customer: Okay, thanks for the forthright answer.
- [17:59] Rick: My pleasure Sir, thank you for choosing Elite Screens.