Here is a great discussion with tutorial material on selecting an outdoor screen.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Screen Calculator – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- Yard Master 2 Product Page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/235
- Aspect Ratio Tutorial – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- Yard Master 2 Dual – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:52] Customer: Hello I run a Community Garden and we have a stage for music and events. We would like to purchase a screen for random films. Can you please help me understand and select one? I do now know what the difference is between 16:9 or 4:3. I have a “16:9” projector The space I have available is 14 ft wide, 9 ft deep, but the height due to signage is 7.5 height. Can I adjust the leg heights?
- [17:53] Jaime: If you are looking at our Yardmaster series, the legs are not adjustable
- [17:53] Customer: Yes, yardmaster. Front Projection.
- [17:53] Jaime: Here is information on aspect ratios. I recommend 16:9 https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- [17:53] Jaime: Here is a screen calculator that will help you with screen sizes and the projector’s throw distance: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- [17:54] Customer: Probably just the front- but if price isn’t too different, might find a need for both.
- [17:56] Jaime: if working on a certain budget, this would be the model to go with for front projection: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/235
- [17:56] Jaime: you can compare prices of our Yardmasters on Amazon
- [17:57] Jaime: you can also check the prices for the dual series, which allows projection from both the front and the rear
- [17:57] Jaime: this is the link to the dual series: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
- [17:58] Customer: Thanks, and no way to make those legs shorter huh?
- [17:58] Jaime: No, but there is a solution.
- [17:58] Jaime: We offer extension legs increase height if you want it taller.
- [17:58] Jaime: But if you want it shorter, there is no need to accessorize.
- [18:00] Customer: second link you sent didn’t go through/ do you have another?
- [18:00] Jaime: Try this one. It’s our Yard Master 2 Series: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
- [18:00] Jaime: This has 2-way materials that you can project either way on.
- [18:00] Customer: right. I like that
- [18:01] Customer: Okay, thanks for all your help
- [18:01] Jaime: I was glad to help.
- [18:01] Customer: Okay, thanks again. Bye.
- [18:01] Jaime: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.