Did you know that you can coordinate your projection screen’s drop and rise with your projector’s power cycle? Elite produces a 5-12-volt trigger that will do just that. Turn the projector on; the screen drops down. Turn the projector off; the screen retracts back into its casing. There is also some useful information on sizing up a screen for your installation.
- Video: How to use the 12 volt trigger –
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:49] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [18:49] Customer: Hello. I am looking for a projector screen for my Epson HC4000 projector. I have about 137 inches of wall to project. But also would have to place my AV rack near the same wall. I am looking to see what screen would best fit the wall. I am looking for tab tension as well.
- [18:53] Rick: Hello, here is a model that i can recommend. It’s our Cinetension 2 tab-tensioned electric screen. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/74
- [18:54] Rick: The model is TE135HW2
- [19:01] Customer: Okay. Let me check
- [19:03] Customer: I don’t think I can fit this. as i said i am looking for something that can fit after i place the AV unit. which i am guessing would take up about 23 inches. So all i have is about 115 inches
- [19:03] Customer: What screen uses about 115 inches and provides the most screen space for 16:9 ratio
- [19:04] Rick: understood.
- [19:08] Customer: I found this one. but could not find it in stock any where. TE110HW2-A1080P2
- [19:08] Rick: Just one moment and I’ll see what else I can find.
- [19:08] Customer: ok thanks.
- [19:09] Rick: we no longer produce this version that uses the acoustic transparent material. We do have the standard model of this size.
- [19:10] Customer: What is the model number for the standard? And is it the same dimension?
- [19:10] Rick: Here is the model for the standard. TE110HW2 this unit measures 113.4 inches wide.
- [19:11] Customer: ok. Thanks. I will look into that. What is the viewing width on this model?
- [19:12] Rick: here is the view dimension
- [19:12] Rick: 53.9″x95.9″
- [19:13] Rick: Also the material has a 2 inch black border on each side.
- [19:13] Customer: Ok. Thanks. Do you know if this has a trigger to projector?
- [19:15] Rick: Yes, this unit comes with an accessory that is an RJ45 connection with two exposed wires. you will have to wire you own cable to reach out to the projector.
- [19:15] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ZSP-12V_trigger_setup_instructions.mp4
- [19:15] Customer: Ok. Thanks. What is the MSRP on this product?
- [19:17] Rick: This unit will go 2059 on our shop site.
- [19:17] Customer: ok. you say out of stock on this model too
- [19:17] Customer: on your website
- [19:18] Rick: https://shop.elitescreens.com/cinetension-2.aspx
- [19:19] Customer: So, what is this screen then? https://shop.elitescreens.com/cinetension-b.aspx
- [19:19] Rick: That is another series
- [19:20] Customer: Ok. what is the difference between the one I shared and the one you showed me?
- [19:21] Rick: The difference is that the B series is a white case, and does not have black backing it is white on the back of the material .
- [19:22] Customer: oh ok. Makes sense.
- [19:22] Customer: Thanks. I will process this info and place an order online.
- [19:39] Rick: Sounds great. If you need anything else, I’m here to assist you. If not, thank you for your purchase.