With 4K projectors becoming more affordable, people who already have projector screens want the two to work well together. This discussion covers the basics on 4K and which materials will work well with it.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- 4K Educational Video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ultra_hd_educational.mp4
- link for Cinegrey 5D – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/38
- link for Cinegrey 3D – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/31
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:31] Customer: Hello! I bought the 92″ Elite EZ Frame screen 10 years ago for my H33 Optoma 1080p projector. Now I just bought new 4K BenQ HT2550 projector. My question is should I change to a new Elite screen to get the best picture for this 4K projector. If so, what is the model and what is the best screen.
- [18:56] Rick: hello, with your current screen, you will be able to receive the best quality out of your projector. However, we do have new materials that will enhance your projector’s performance even better.
- [19:03] Customer: Do you have a particular model in mind?
- [19:03] Rick: I have. It is namely our Cinegrey 3D and Cinegrey 5D materials. The “3D” has a wider viewing angle and the “5D” is brighter.
- [19:04] Rick: Here is the link for Cinegrey 3D – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/31
- [19:04] Rick: And Here is the link for Cinegrey 5D – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/38
- [19:07] Customer: Is CineWhite from this series just the same CineWhite material which I bought 10 years ago
- [19:09] Rick: The CineWhite that we currently carry has been formulated to work with 4K projectors.
- [19:11] Customer: Is this the best choice for my 4K projector in my controlled light home theater. If so Can I buy the material and swap to my current frame?
- [19:12] Rick: we no longer produce a 92″ diagonal screens so I would recommend a larger size if you are planning to upgrade. Here is also a great video we produced on 4K https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ultra_hd_educational.mp4
- [19:15] Customer: How about between 92 to 100”
- [19:16] Customer: I am willing to pay to get the most out of my 4K projector and this helps. Thanks
- [19:33] Rick: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.