It is important to match your projector with screen that has a matching aspect ratio. This customer was able to match the perfect in-ceiling screen with the office application he has in mind.
- Projection screen calculator https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- Educational video about aspect ratios https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:21] Customer: I have an Epson PowerLite 2250U Projector. What screen do I need. I am unsure on ratio.
- [18:21] Jaime: I would be glad to help. Just a moment as I look up your projector’s make/model .
- [18:23] Jaime: We have a screen calculator resource that will tell you what is the ideal screen size, and even the projector’s recommended vertical offset. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator This is a native 16:10 aspect ratio.
- [18:23] Customer: Do you know what ratio I should get? Is this different from 16:9?
- [18:24] Jaime: 16:10 IS FOR the standard laptop format. It is close in shape to 16:9 but different
- [18:23] Customer: This would be preferably for office presentations. Here is a video that will teach you more about aspect ratios https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- [18:23] Customer: power points are what I’ll do most. Sometimes movies.
- [18:24] Jaime: The screen has a selector for 16:9 (TV/Movies) but its 16:10 native format is more suitable for your PowerPoint presentations. Is this going to be wall or ceiling mounted?
- [18:24] Customer: ceiling – preferably inside the ceiling. I have an integrator already lined up to do this. Throw distance from the projector will be about 14 to 14.5 feet from lens to screen surface.
- [18:25] Jaime: I recommend the Evanesce series IHOME120XW2-E18 (16:10 aspect ratio with a 120” screen surface to match your projector’s throw distance. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/125
- [18:26] Jaime: You can buy it directly here: https://shop.elitescreens.com/Evanesce.aspx
- [18:26] Customer: Thank you! I was looking at a cheaper model of a similar size but this looks better.
- [18:26] Jaime: I’m glad to help.
- [18:26] Customer: Yes, thank you. I’ll take it from here.
- [18:26] Jaime: Thank you for your interest. I appreciate the time you took to discuss this with me.
- [18:27] Customer: Ya, definitely. I appreciate it.
- [18:27] Jaime: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens