Never install an in-ceiling onto a surface where it will not be perfectly upright and level. This article explains more about the process and options to work with a sloping ceiling.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Video – Electric Projection Screen Ceiling Installation https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/elite_screens_ceiling_install_saker_tension.mp4
- Video- In-ceiling screen installation https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/evanesce_install_m.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [15:49] Customer: Hello, I was interested in one of your recessed motorized projector screens but my ceiling is on an angle. Have you ever had clients install these successfully on an angle, roughly 20-25 degrees, or do these types of screens need to be installed on a regular non-angled ceiling?
- [15:49] Rick I would be glad to assist you with this. Our user guides specifically advise against installing any of our in-ceiling electric projection screens into an angled ceiling.
- [15:49] Rick: The only option is if the installer can go all the way into the ceiling and make sure that the screen is perfectly level & upright.
- [15:53] Rick: This means that the bushing (external bottom panels) cannot be at the same angle of a sloping ceiling. Here is an installation video for the proper mounting of and in-ceiling projector screen.
- [15:53] Rick: Another option would be to get one of our regular electric screens and hang it from the ceiling.
- [15:54] Rick: Here is an easy installation video for a regular electric projector screen https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/elite_screens_ceiling_install_saker_tension.mp4
- [15:54] Customer: Okay, thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it level and share this information with the installer. Thanks for the help.
- [16:03] Rick: It was my pleasure to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.
- [16:03] Customer: Yep, I appreciate it.