Sometimes a customer does not need to be upsold to a higher performance screen material. In this case, the customer determined the viewing angle of the material to find out which screen would serve his church congregation best.
- Projector Placement and vertical angles – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/303
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:16] Rick Thank you for choosing Elite Screens, how may I assist you?
- [17:17] Customer: I would like to speak with someone about the possibilities of using Cinegrey 5d for our church, or if another product would be better for our use.
- [17:18] Customer: I need a bit of clarification of viewing angles
- [17:21] Rick : Certainly, this material provides a narrow viewing angel of 80 degrees center of the screen outward about 40 degrees left and right. That is the half-gain cone where brightness decreases by 50% once you step too far off-axis. This product will work well in ambient light if you have a traditional sanctuary environment but here is an article talking a little more on the topic. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/303
- [17:24] Customer: We are looking at about 200″ diagonal, and this was the only grey this size. Correct? If we went with white, what product screen material would you recommend?
- [17:25] Rick : if you go with the white one, that will be our Cinewhite material, this may not be ambient light rejecting but the view angle is 180 degrees and many churches choose this material.
- [17:27] Customer: OK. Reading more about the Cinegrey and the very spread out (+160°) seating environment, we would probably see the best performance with matte white. We have reasonable light control and high output commercial projectors. The weaker of the 2 is 12000 lumens. Thanks for going over this with me.
- [17:28] Rick : Perfect, in that case, the matte white material will serve you well. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.
- [17:34] Customer: I appreciate the help. Thanks again.