This woman reached out all the way from Germany. Her use of the word “beamer” for projector was a dead giveaway to our European sales team. She was concerned about the throw distance of her projector and whether or not the frame screen she has is flush enough for the wall.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- Screen calculator https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:17] Customer: Hi, I’m planning to buy a ER120WH1 screen
- [21:17] Jaime Excellent choice. How may I help you with it?
- [21:17] Customer: But, we will install it in a few months. For now, we need to install the beamer (projector) first.
- [21:18] Customer: The question is, how far is the screen from the wall?
- [21:18] Customer: This is important to know, because we are having a short throw beamer, which dont have any zoom function.
- [21:19] Customer: If i read the technisch (technical) description, the construction is in total 45mm deep
- [21:19] Jaime : The frame will be less than 5mm (1/5″) from the wall.
- [21:19] Jaime : It’s almost flush to the wall.
- [21:19] Jaime : There is a very small gap
- [21:19] Customer: do you know the frame thickness?
- [21:20] Jaime : about 25 mm (1 inch)
- [21:20] Customer: File : (customer sent personal pictures of installation)
- [21:21] Customer: this looks like the surface is 20mm from the wall
- [21:21] Customer: and the front of the frame 45mm
- [21:21] Jaime : You have figured pretty close from the picture.
- [21:21] Jaime : It won’t vary much but the distance will be closer to about 30mm.
- [21:22] Jaime : the frame goes over the bracket so it may fluctuate a little more but not much. Here is a link for you to use. Add your make/model of projector and it will tell you all you need to know about throw distance and projector placement. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/screen-calculator
- [21:22] Customer: That’s great to hear
- [21:22] Customer: i will try to make a margin of maximum 20mm in the beamer support
- [21:22] Customer: thanks for assisting
- [21:23] Jaime : Sure, I’m glad to help.
- [21:23] Jaime : thank you and have a good day
- [21:23] Customer: u 2