Here is a great article that talks about the Aeon CLR projection screen. It is an ambient light rejecting and ceiling light rejecting projection screen that is specifically designed for UST (ultra short throw) projection screens. The discussion also covers tensioned matte white materials and how they can be used with UST projectors.
- Article – Aeon CLR creates larger-than-life image https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/214
- Aeon CLR Product Video https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4
- UST Projection compatibility article – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [16:01] Customer: I’m looking for an ALR (ambient light rejecting) screen for an ultra-short throw projector
- [16:03] Jaime: Hello, I would be glad to assist you with your inquiry.
- [16:03] Customer: It needs to be 4k ready.
- [16:03] Jaime: Here is my number one choice for what you’re looking for. https://shop.elitescreens.com/Aeon-CLR.aspx
- [16:03] Jaime: This screen is designed specifically for ultra-short throw projectors. Here is a great article that is written specifically for the topic you are asking about. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/214
- [16:04] Customer: gotcha
- [16:04] Customer: are those the only sizes it comes in?
- [16:04] Jaime: It comes in 90”, 100”, & 120” sizes. Here is how the material actually works. https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/starbright_clr_animation.mp4
- [16:04] Customer: Okay thanks, I am glad it’s bigger than 90”
- [16:04] Jaime: Yes, it is up to 120”. Here is the product video https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Aeon_CLR_Product_Video3.mp4
- [16:05] Customer: Hypothetically, what if I wanted bigger and it doesn’t necessarily have to be ALR
- [16:05] Jaime: if you want something other than an ALR, then you can use any of our fixed frame screens with white material, a lot of our tab-tensioned electric screens will work as well.
- [16:07] Jaime: This is a good screen to get: https://shop.elitescreens.com/sableframe2.aspx
- [16:07] Customer: I shouldn’t have image issues with this one correct?
- [16:08] Customer: I’ve heard you can get those if you use a screen that isn’t designed for ultra-short throw
- [16:08] Jaime: This screen will not give you any issues. A flat white material will work best with a UST projector. Here is an article to tell you more about it. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [16:08] Jaime: I hope this helps.
- [16:08] Customer: k. Actually it does.
- [16:08] Jaime: I always recommend this screen with light control in the room with a matte white material.
- [16:09] Customer: thanks much
- [16:09] Jaime: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.