Buying the right screen material is important. Getting the right screen-shape (aka. Format or aspect ratio) is equally important. This discussion covers what you need to know when buying a projection screen. It also foreshadows on a new dual-projection product that is in the works as of today (05.11.2018) Stay tuned…
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Video: How to select a projector screen material – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- Video: Projector aspect ratios – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- Article – Yard Master 2 Dual (2-way) projection material – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/393
Video – Yard Master 2 Dual (2-way) projection material – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/YardMaster2_Dual_VideoWeb.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [19:17] Jaime : Hello, how can I help you?
- [19:18] Customer: hello we are looking at a rear projection screen
- [19:18] Customer: TE120HR2 and TE120VR2 have come up as options
- [19:18] Customer: what are the differences?
- [19:19] Jaime : HR means it is 16:9 aspect ratio for HD viewing
- [19:19] Jaime : VR means that the aspect ratio is 4:3. This is for standard video watching in square format
- [19:20] Customer: So, for an HD projector 16:9 would be better
- [19:21] Jaime : that is correct – the aspect ratio of the HD projector and a 16:9 screen match.
- [19:21] Jaime : if you are hooking up your cable box to the projector, you need to get 16:9
- [19:21] Customer: Do you have any educational content on this? And what is the difference between Rear Projection and “Dual”?
- [19:24] Jaime : I do. Here is a video on selecting screen materials – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- [19:25] Jaime : Here is also a video that explains aspect ratios – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/aspect_ratio_edu.mp4
- [19:26] Jaime : We currently have a dual material in a portable format and are expecting to now have a motorized dual series CineTension2 screen towards the end of the year. Nothing on the horizon for just the rear projection screens because our new dual material outperforms it.
- [19:27] Jaime : Here is a great tech tip on this new dual material – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/393
- [19:29] Jaime : Here is the product video – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/YardMaster2_Dual_VideoWeb.mp4
- [19:30] Customer: Cool, thanks for your time.
- [19:34] Jaime : I appreciate that. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.