This customer has good questions about getting the best performance from a projection screen that is best suited for her Ultra Short Throw Projector. She asked great questions and the following discussion is a good resource for those thinking about buying a UST projector.
- Video on UST projection – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
- Article on UST Projectors – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:09] Customer: Hi
- [21:09] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [21:09] Customer: I am looking for 150” fixed frame screen for my ultra-short throw projector.
- [21:10] Customer: The distance at which it is placed will throw a 150” footprint.
- [21:10] Customer: Can you please suggest the best 150” screen type for this at a sensible cost?
- [21:11] Rick: Certainly, when it comes to ultra short throw projector, you want perfect flatness because the slightest imperfection of a few millimeters will distort the projected image. the model is the Sable Frame 2 series ER150WH2
- [21:11] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/48#section7
- [21:12] Customer: Will Aeon Series work for this projector?
- [21:12] Rick: Yes, the model will be AR150WH2. The Sable comes at a lower cost. The Aeon would be my preference.
- [21:13] Customer: So, which best between those two?
- [21:14] Rick: Both use the same material the only difference is that the Aeon has a better framework. The Aeon uses an internal framework with wrap-around material which aesthetically looks better. The Sable Frame has the traditional black framework around the edges. I think the Aeon looks better but the Sable is cheaper.
- [21:15] Customer: Do you guys ship international?
- [21:17] Rick: We have branches in Europe, Australia and Asia
- [21:17] Customer: oh..ok
- [21:17] Rick: Here is our contact list. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/cms/slug/contact-list
- [21:17] Rick: Here is a great video on UST projection – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4 . Here is a good article on the subject – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [21:17] Customer: Are these only 2 models you guys have for UST projectors ?
- [21:18] Rick: These are the primary one’s recommended for ultra-short throw in this diagonal size but our other matte white frame screen that are 150” and 16:9 to match your projector are fine as well.
- [21:19] Customer: OK thank you for your help.
- [21:20] Customer: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.