There is a lot of choices when it comes to buying a projection screen. This discussion shows how a complicated discussion can easily be simplified. Remember the top questions to always ask:
- Indoor or outdoor? This is important but often overlooked.
- What type: Portable, fixed-frame, manual or electric retractable?
- What aspect ratio (16:9, 4:3, 1:1, etc.)? Make sure it matches your projector.
- What size? This is important depending on the environment and viewer proximity.
- Do you need a white or specialty material?
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Find the right projection screen for you https://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch
- List of authorized dealers for Elite Screens https://elitescreens.com/front/front/authoriseddealer
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [17:34] Customer: There are so many screen options. I need help 🙂
- [17:34] Rick: Hello, I be happy to help.
- [17:35] Customer: Great thanks
- [17:36] Rick: Here are the main questions to ask yourself: Indoor or outdoor? Portable, fixed-frame, manual or electric retractable? What aspect ratio (16:9, 4:3, 1:1, etc.) to match your projector? What size? Do you need a white or specialty material? What are your thoughts on this?
- [17:38] Customer: I need something around 139 inches for a meeting room.
- [17:38] Customer: the space is about 25×50 but the farthest seat is about 35 feet away from the screen
- [17:39] Customer: I’d like probably ceiling mount with automatic up/down
- [17:40] Rick: Perfect. I will bring up the screen that I recommend. Here is also a link to a wizard that will give you even more options – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/advancesearch now one moment and I’ll bring up my recommendation.
- [17:44] Customer: Ok – thanks
- [17:46] Rick: thank you for holding.
- [17:47] Rick: This is my strong recommendation for what you are looking for. It’s the Cinetension 2.
- [17:47] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/74
- [17:48] Rick: The model will be TE135HW2
- [17:48] Rick: This is one of our best wall/ceiling mount screens.
- [17:49] Customer: Ok, how much is this screen?
- [17:51] Rick: This unit will go for $1060 in our shop site but you can check out our authorized dealers for a better deal since we have a no compete policy.
- [17:52] Customer: That fits in my budget, where can I find a list of authorized dealers?
- [17:52] Customer: I’d like to find an online retailer if possible
- [17:52] Rick: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/authoriseddealer
- [17:54] Customer: I can purchase from you though correct?
- [18:33] Rick: If you wish to you may, if you purchase with some of our authorized dealers the unit may ship out from our own facility.
- [18:34] Customer: Thanks. I appreciate it.
- [18:34] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.