Here is a discussion on the difference between matte white and ambient light rejecting CineGrey 3D & 5D materials. It also covers the difference between the CineGrey 3D® and Cinegrey 5D® materials.
- Video – Comparison of Matte White to Cinegrey 3D (ALR) https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- Article on the comparison of Matte White to Cinegrey 3D (ALR) https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394
- video on properly setting up an ALR screen – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_SETUP_GUIDE_VIDEO.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:33] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [18:41] Customer: I recently purchased a Cinewhite screen but I more ambient light in my place than I realized. I would like the CineGrey 5d screen but I was wondering if that can be purchased without the frame since I already have that at home assembled?
- [18:42] Customer: I have more ambient light in my room than a matte white screen can handle.
- [18:42] Rick: What model is your current screen.
- [18:43] Customer: It’s the Aeon edgeless Cinewhite 100 inch diagonal.
- [18:43] Customer: Is there some kind of comparison article or sheet to show the difference on this?
- [18:47] Rick: Actually, there is. Here is a very informative video – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [18:47] Rick: Here is the article that accompanies it. – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394
- [18:48] Customer: Great, so are there any special rules to setting up a specialty product like the Cinegrey 3D/5D?
- [18:50] Customer: …and what are the main differences between the Cinegrey 3D & Cinegrey 5D?
- [18:52] Rick: Yes the 3D is ambient light with a 1.2 gain but has a wider viewing angle.
- [18:52] Rick: The 5D is brighter (1.5 gain) but has a narrower viewing angle. Also, here is a video on properly setting up an ALR screen – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ALR_SETUP_GUIDE_VIDEO.mp4
- [18:55] Customer: Ah ok not too bad
- [18:55] Customer: How would I go about ordering the Cinegrey 3D Aeon Edgless projection screen.
- [19:00] Rick: if you want to order the screen you can go here.
- [19:00] Rick: https://shop.elitescreens.com/cinegrey3d-material.aspx
- [19:04] Customer: OK thanks.
- [19:08] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.