Here is a discussion on the attachment of the bottom brackets for Elite’s various fixed frame projection screens. There are two different methods to accommodate the 2-different designs. See the discussion and links for more information.
Here are the links used in the discussion:
- How to install the ezFrame2 / Sable Frame 2 – https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_SB_FF2_Series_081914-JA.pdf
- How to install the ezFrame CineGrey 5D screen – https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_ezFrame_CG5D.pdf
- Video How to properly hang your projection screen – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MountingScreen_RightHeight.mp4
- Video Sable Frame ezFrame Assembly – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/fixed_frame_assembly620.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:14] Jaime: Hello, how may I help you?
- [21:14] Customer: My screen came with 4 brackets but it seems very hard to get the bottom brackets in place. the top is easy but when trying to get the bottom ones in the track its hard. any tips?
- [21:14] Customer: ex frame 2
- [21:15] Jaime: Place the brackets on the bottom portion of the frame.
- [21:15] Jaime: Make sure that the screw holes are sticking out of the bottom rail
- [21:16] Jaime: Then, outline the screw holes to drill to the wall
- [21:17] Jaime: I’m sorry, I was thinking that you had a different type of frame that comes with another type of brackets
- [21:17] Jaime: For your screen, all you can do is measure the distance between the top rail and the bottom rail
- [21:17] Jaime: You outline that distance on the wall first
- [21:17] Jaime: Then drill through the screw holes
- [21:18] Jaime: You have to push the bottom rail over the frame
- [21:18] Jaime: over the brackets
- [21:18] Customer: Well when u push the corners don’t have much give
- [21:18] Jaime: I’m sorry, it’s tough to explain over the phone or chat
- [21:18] Customer: any videos?
- [21:18] Jaime: Let me see if I have a diagram
- [21:19] Jaime: you can check this user’s guide on page 7: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_SB_FF2_Series_081914-JA.pdf
- [21:20] Jaime: You should have received this with your screen also.
- [21:20] Customer: My screen is 110″
- [21:21] Customer: So do i not need the bottom bracket(s)?
- [21:22] Jaime: hang the frame on the top rail first. If you notice that one of the bottom corners of the frame sticks away from the wall, then you will need to utilize the bottom brackets.
- [21:22] Customer: otherwise just put one in the bottom middle?
- [21:23] Jaime: Yes, you can do that.
- [21:23] Customer: Thanks
- [21:24] Jaime: Sure thing
- [21:24] Jaime: Have a good rest of the day