Yes, you can hang the VMAX2 from a ceiling installation. This brief conversation and link covers the basics on a suspended ceiling installation.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- VMAX 2 User Guide: https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_vmax2_series.pdf
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:33] Rick: Thank you for contacting Elite Screens. How may I help you?
- [21:33] Customer: Hello Rick, I have a ceiling installation question.
- [21:33] Rick: Certainly, I’m glad to help.
- [21:34] Customer: I have a question regarding the VMAX2 motorized screen at 165″
- [21:34] Customer: I’m wondering if it is able to be suspension mounted?
- [21:35] Rick: You can hang it from the ceiling and the VMAX2 is designed to do that. The only after-market items you will need to buy would be the necessary hooks, eyes, chains, etc., from your local hardware store. Here is the user guide. It details the installation method https://elitescreens.com/images/download/material/userguides/user_guide_vmax2_series.pdf
- [21:36] Customer: So, there’s like an eyelet or something of the sort that I can run a carabiner or aircraft cable loop through?
- [21:39] Customer: So long as it can be suspended. Thanks Rick
- [21:43] Rick: Yes, the unit itself has a ceiling mount bracket attached on the end cap, you can hook it with an S hook or use U – bolts to create a loop on the unit to hang from.
- [21:44] Customer: Sweet. Thanks man.