There are a lot of questions that need to be answered when selecting a screen for any occasion. In this case, the service team walks the buyer step by step through the process of finding the best screen to do the right job.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- Video on the subject of ANSI lumens (projector brightness) https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ANSI_Lumens_and_Screen_Gain_Educational_Video.mp4
- Video on screen material selection – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [22:42] Customer: knock knock!
- [22:43] Jaime: Hello, how may I help you?
- [22:43] Customer: Thank Jaime, I’m looking to buy a projector screen.
- [22:43] Customer: To be used for a children’s production. Will replace a static backdrop.
- [22:44] Customer: Were looking at a rear projection screen.
- [22:44] Jaime: I see that you have looked through our website
- [22:44] Customer: yard master 2
- [22:44] Customer: yes
- [22:44] Jaime: Did you like the Yardmaster2 in regards to what you’re looking for?
- [22:44] Customer: yes.
- [22:44] Jaime: Nice choice. It’s available online through a variety of sellers. Our team can also assist you with questions regarding its use as well.
- [22:45] Customer: Good. Because I have a question. I need to know how it will fare with daytime use… ambient light. I don’t want the image washed out by ambient light.
- [22:45] Customer: What kind of projector is recommended – brightness etc… for optimal image quality
- [22:46] Jaime: First, make sure you get a projector with 3000 lumens or higher
- [22:46] Jaime: Second, make sure that the set-up is under a shade.
- [22:46] Customer: Will be indoors
- [22:46] Jaime: Sunlight has to be blocked
- [22:46] Jaime: Indoors even better – Here is a video on ambient light Here is a good video on the subject of ANSI lumens (projector brightness) https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/ANSI_Lumens_and_Screen_Gain_Educational_Video.mp4
- [22:46] Jaime: that screen is commonly used indoors. Here is a good video on screen material selection – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/Selecting_a_screen_material_for_my_home_theater_cc_720.mp4
- [22:47] Jaime: Also, I recommend researching what the best projector for you will be.
- [22:47] Jaime: Two good websites for doing this would be www.projectorcentral.com or https://www.projectorreviews.com/
- [22:47] Customer: Great thanks…
- [22:47] Jaime: In their search fields, type in best outdoor projector
- [22:47] Customer: If indoors, does it still need to be set up in the shade… or only in direct sunlight?
- [22:48] Jaime: Only for direct sunlight
- [22:48] Customer: We plan to also have a fog machine as part of our ambiance. Do you anticipate any issue if there is fog between the projector and screen?
- [22:49] Jaime: yes, that will absolutely disrupt the projected image
- [22:49] Jaime: nothing can come between the screen and projector.
- [22:50] Customer: gotcha.
- [22:50] Customer: Thanks for your help!
- [22:51] Jaime: sure thing
- [22:51] Jaime: thank you for contacting us today
- [22:51] Jaime: have a good afternoon