More and more people are interested in Ambient Light Rejection and this is simply the next step in projection screen technology. This discussion illuminates on how the Cinegrey 3D enhances contrast in addition to negating the washout effects of ambient light.
- comparison videoof matte white to CineGrey 3D –
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:30] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [21:30] Customer: Hi, I had a quick question
- [21:31] Customer: Does the ezframe2 series come also in Cinegrey 3d?
- [21:31] Customer: I see it comes in Cinewhite
- [21:32] Customer: I’m wanting to buy the 120 fixed frame
- [21:32] Customer: I’m interested in the elite2
- [21:32] Rick: The Cinegrey 3D is on the Sable frame 2 series. and the Ezframe 2 provided the cinegrey 5D
- [21:33] Customer: for a smaller windowless dark room of 12 x 14 ft, using Sony 4k 285es projector, which would be better
- [21:33] Customer: It has 1500 lumens but only 100000:1 contrast ratio
- [21:34] Rick: for this projector the Cinegrey 3d will work and the model you need is the ER120DHD3
- [21:35] Customer: I realize it has the 3d option, but will I lose the gain by going cinegrey vs white?
- [21:36] Rick: here is a list on the gain. from lowest to highest.
- [21:36] Rick: CineGrey – 1.0 (matte grey), Cinewhite – 1.1 (matte white), Cinegrey 3D -1.2 (ambient light rejecting gray material) – Here is a great comparison of matte white to CineGrey 3D – https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [21:37] Customer: Great looking video. That’s perfect. thank u very much.
- [21:37] Rick: you’re welcome.
- [21:38] Rick: Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.