This customer practically went from A-Z looking for the right screen to match his projector, but this is good and this is what we want you to do. Whenever you buy a product, ask all the crucial questions so that our service team can give you the right answers to make the buy. In this case, the discussion went from Tab-tensioned electric screens, to portable free-standing units, to in-ceiling electric screens, and finally to a fixed-frame ambient and ceiling light rejecting screen that will be perfect for his ultra-short-throw projector.
- Shopping page for Manual projector screens – https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p10/Manual-Tab-Tension-Series
- Yard Master 2 Dual product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
- Yard Master Plus product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/450
- Evanesce Tab-Tension product page – https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p31/Evanesce_Tab-Tension_Series
- Saker Tab Tension ALR product page – https://eliteproav.com/product/saker-tab-tension-alr-series/
- Aeon CLR product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [18:20] Customer: I am interested in your screens. I am going to purchase an ultra-short throw projector and I want to know do you have a pull down screen that can accommodate it?
- [18:22] Jaime: Yes, we have the manual tab-tensioned series. It is very popular and we sell it in great quantity.
- [18:22] Jaime: This is where to purchase the screen: https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p10/Manual-Tab-Tension-Series
- [18:23] Jaime: If you want a larger size, we have motorized tab-tensioned models available as well
- [18:24] Customer: Do you also have a screen that is portable that has the CLR ambient light rejecting screen
- [18:24] Jaime: Not in any portable units but as a fixed frame, we do.
- [18:24] Jaime: Those only come with either white or rear projection materials.
- [18:26] Customer: What would you recommend to use for an ultra-short throw screen that would get me the best picture?
- [18:28] Jaime: the best to use is this model, Yard Master 2: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/354
- [18:28] Jaime: The picture quality is more dependent on the projector.
- [18:28] Jaime: Make sure that you have a projector with a good output
- [18:28] Customer: It will be a laser projector .
- [18:28] Jaime: The link I gave you allows for the screen to be projected from both the front and rear
- [18:29] Jaime: It works very well with UST projector s
- [18:30] Customer: It’s a yard master 2 dual series?
- [18:30] Jaime: correct.
- [18:31] Customer: For indoor use?
- [18:31] Jaime: Yes
- [18:31] Jaime: you can also check out this model if you are only doing front projection: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/450
- [18:32] Customer: What is the difference between the two??
- [18:33] Customer: So is this as good as your Ambient Light Rejecting Screens
- [18:34] Customer: What about your Aeon CLR do you have any screens like this one that are ceiling mounted?
- [18:34] Jaime: They are two different set ups
- [18:34] Jaime: An Aeon screen would be very different to a portable unit
- [18:35] Jaime: A CLR screen is for a home theater set up
- [18:35] Jaime: the choice of screen is dependent upon what you are using it for.
- [18:35] Customer: Okay, the only reason i like the portable is that it can be taken down when it was done
- [18:36] Customer: I prefer a home theater that I can get a great picture with a ultra-short throw projector.
- [18:37] Customer: It does not need to be portable.
- [18:38] Customer: I would like it to be recessed in the ceiling and have it come down. do you have a screen like this for a short throw projector?
- [18:39] Jaime: the best screen to use for that set up is this one: https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/p31/Evanesce_Tab-Tension_Series
- [18:39] Jaime: more product specs found here: https://eliteproav.com/product/evanesce-tab-tension-series/
- [18:42] Customer: And this screen has the starbright CLR for short throw ?
- [18:42] Jaime: No, the in-ceiling models only have the white material, 1.1 gain.
- [18:44] Customer: Okay so this is not going to give me that picture i want. So what other screens do you have that will give me the picture that has the starbright CLR?
- [18:44] Jaime: You can go with this one, but the projector has to be mounted below the screen and this screen does not have the concealed look
- [18:44] Jaime: https://eliteproav.com/product/saker-tab-tension-alr-series/
- [18:44] Jaime: You can mount it on the wall
- [18:44] Jaime: You can also do ceiling as well, but you’d have to create the opening for the screen to drop down through
- [18:47] Customer: ok this one may work and this has the CLR screen for a short throw correct? is there a price for this one? the link did not give me one
- [18:48] Jaime: for pricing, you need to send an email to my sales department, as this is a ProAv item
- [18:48] Jaime: the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
- [18:48] Jaime: someone will answer you today
- [18:48] Jaime: provide them with the model number
- [18:48] Jaime: you can find that model number in the dimensions table on the link I gave you
- [18:49] Customer: what is a ProAV item?
- [18:49] Jaime: it is an item sold through professional integrators
- [18:49] Jaime: this is a higher end screen
- [18:50] Customer: Okay this one may work and this has the CLR screen for a short throw correct? It must work with and Ultra-short throw (UST) projector. Even if it is just wall mounted would be fine but it MUST work with a UST projector, that is what I have.
- [18:50] Jaime: Fair enough. The Aeon CLR is precisely what you are looking for then. Fixed frame, ambient light rejecting, and specially made for UST projectors https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/154
- [18:50] Jaime: Make sure the projector is ULTRA-short throw.
- [18:51] Customer: Yes, it is.
- [18:51] Customer: Thank you Jamie for your help!
- [18:51] Jaime: Great, you’re all set
- [18:51] Jaime: Thank you for reaching out to us today
- [18:51] Jaime: Have a good day
- [18:51] Customer: you to!