This discussion covers the compatibility of the various projectors out there with the various screen materials out there. The full answer is that there are many options to choose from. Here is a good discussion packed with useful links to answer everything you were afraid to ask.
- CineTension B product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/361
- Starling Tab Tension 2 product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/53
- Video – UST projector compatibility https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4
- Tech Tip – Standard, short throw, & UST Projectors with screens https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [15:32] Customer: I have a question about screens
- [15:32] Rick: Certainly, how may I help you?
- [15:33] Customer: I have an electric125h “Spectrum Electric” motorized screen and I am reading that these are not compatible with short throw lens projectors
- [15:33] Customer: I’m looking for something similar with a white casing
- [15:33] Customer: …and it must be compatible with short throw lens
- [15:35] Rick: Certainly, one moment please, as I bring up the information for you.
- [15:35] Rick: In order for a short throw projector to work with any projection surface, that surface must be perfectly flat.
- [15:40] Rick: UST projectors spread the image so much over a short distance that the slightest uneven levels in the screen will distort the projected content. A screen like the Spectrum electric (electric125h) is not perfectly flat so it won’t work well with short throw projectors but it works great with standard “long” throw projectors
- [15:43] Rick: I have found two series that i can recommend. The model is TE125WH2B-E24, this is our CineTension B series, it is tension and compatible with short throw. https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/361
- the second unit is from our Starling Tab Tension 2 series. here is the model that uses the CineWhite material STT120XWH2-E12 https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/53
- Also here is a video that describes UST projector compatibility https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/UST_Compatibility.mp4 and an article that covers more on the topic https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/355
- [15:44] Customer: ok thanks. Now I know and I will consider buying the Starling Tab Tension instead.
- [15:44] Rick: You’re welcome. Have a great day.