This customer has ambient light and a room large enough to accommodate a 150” sized HDTV projection screen. The best choice in this situation is the CineGrey® 3D.The discussion and links below cover the specifics of this material, and its advantage over matte white materials.
- Sable Frame CineGrey® 3D Series – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/31
- Video – choosing the right screen size: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- Aeon CineGrey® 3D: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/37
- Tech Tip – Matte White vs CineGrey® 3D: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394
- Video – Matte White vs CineGrey® 3D: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [21:24] Customer: I need help on determining which screen is best–have ambient light in my room and the size is 22 deep and 19 wide… I was told I should get a 150-inch HDTV (16:9)
- [21:24] Customer: Should i use your light rejecting screen material
- [21:24] Customer: What is the model number?
- [21:25] Customer: Would it be Cinegrey 3D?
- [21:26] Rick: The ambient light rejecting screen will be great for set up were the light hits the screen. We have a lot of information to go over so here is the starting question on my end; are you looking for a fixed frame or motorized screen?
- [21:26] Customer: fixed
- [21:26] Rick: To answer the first question, ambient light rejecting materials would be the best bet. Either the Cinegrey 3D or 5D will do. Here is a great comparison on the matte white to Cinegrey 3D: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/newsdetail/news/394 here is the video: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/MatteWhite_CineGrey3D_CompVideo_Web.mp4
- [21:27] Rick: Picking the right screen size depends entirely on the projector’s throw capability and how far you will be sitting from the screen. Here is the video on choosing the right screen size: https://elitescreens.com/elitetube/screen_size_edu.mp4
- [21:27] Rick: Since you are looking for a light rejecting material, in a 150” size fixed frame which I agree will fit nicely in your room, I will do a quick check on what would be best.
- [21:28] Rick: OK, I recommend the Sable Frame CineGrey® 3D ER150DHD3 – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/31
- 21: 28] Customer: Is that frameless or with frame
- [21:29] Customer: Where can i buy it.
- [21:29] Rick: This will be best for your room set up. this is with frame.
- [21:30] Rick: The frameless variant is the Aeon CineGrey® 3D: https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/37 AR150DHD3
- 21: 30] Customer: Same screen material, just frameless?
- 21: 30] Rick: Correct
- 21: 30] Customer: Where can i buy it’
- [21:31] Rick: You can search this on your web browser and get a list of dealers with their own pricing. or you can go direct to our shop site.
- [21:32] Rick: Here it is: https://shop.elitescreens.com/store/c11/Ambient-Light-Rejecting-Screens
- [21:33] Rick: It enhances contrast with 1.2 gain and is very cost friendly when compared to other brands.
- [21:35] Customer: Okay, I am looking at it now and you are right. The performance is good and you have a cost advantage when compared to other brands. Thanks for the help.
- [21:35] Rick: My pleasure. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.