This reseller was going over the various possibilities in programming an RF remote to a screen. This discussion goes over the basics of programming RF remotes and how one remote can be used to control multiple screens simultaneously.
Here are the links used in the discussion that are for some favorite UST projector-friendly screens:
- RF Remote product page – https://elitescreens.com/front/front/productdetail/product/268#section1
*The discussion below is based on actual chat transcripts with the omission of any personal/confidential material to protect the customer’s privacy. An example in this case is to change the contact’s identification name/number to “Customer” or a generic name.
- [16:31] Rick: Hello, how may I help you.
- [16:32] Customer: Hi Rick, I just have a quick question. Are your RF remotes programmable to a specific screen/channel? i.e. If a customer has two Elite screens with RF remotes, can the remote be programmed to a single screen or will it always operate both?
- [16:33] Rick: Yes, as long the screens share the same version number you will be able to program one RF remote to both screens. But the down side is that the one remote will control both at the same time.
- [16:33] Rick: The steps to sync is the following.
- [16:34] Rick: 1. unplug screen from outlet.
- [16:34] Rick: 2. press and hold the up button (keep holding the button until the end of the steps.
- [16:34] Rick: 3. once the remote starts to blink connect the screen back in the outlet.
- [16:35] Rick: 4. hold for 5 seconds and you can release the up button.
- [16:35] Rick: after these steps the RF remote will sync with the unit.
- [16:36] Customer: Thank you. I think that’s what my customer is concerned about, he wants the screens to be operable independently from separate remotes, and just wanted to confirm that a single remote wouldn’t control both out of the box.
- [16:36] Rick: Yes, if you use the IR remote since that one only requires the line of sight.
- [16:37] Customer: Ok, so out of the box, without any programming, a single RF remote will control both screens simultaneously?
- [16:37] Customer: Or not
- [16:38] Rick: Yes, once both units are sync with the remote.
- [16:39] Customer: But there is no way to have separate RF remotes control individual screens?
- [16:39] Rick: No. The screen will only know one command sequence on one frequency (433MHz). The screen is unable to know two different sequences.
- [16:39] Customer: Okay. That’s all I have. Thanks.
- [16:39] Rick: I’m glad to help. Thank you for choosing Elite Screens.